mini-dactyls?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Holverson

Reaction score
I'm cloning a couple of Mini-Dactyls yet again. Soybeans ate the last two. They were drilled instead of planted in rows so it was doubly hopeless. I was talking to somebody this morning about Mini-Dactyl upscales. I've heard of 120% and maybe 150% upscales being successful. Plus the things were downscaled from the EnerJet Pterodactyl.

I think a Dactyl at any size would work well. The Centuri Mini Dactyl is my favorite 13mm motor kit of all time.

On my list to clone, in several sizes.

Have thought about making the Dactyl glider a little more rocket-like by slightly restyling it and using a tube and nose cone for the fuselage. Slightly sacrilegious, I know, but could be fun.

Not a Mini-dactyl, but an upscaled Delta Kat. I built it and Matt Steele flew it in Utah. This was a few years back. A 4X upscale, IIRC.

Chas

Hey, Chas. The Delta Kat is one that got in my youth, but I see a cloned Delta Kat of one size or another in my future…:)

I'm cloning a couple of Mini-Dactyls yet again. Soybeans ate the last two. They were drilled instead of planted in rows so it was doubly hopeless. I was talking to somebody this morning about Mini-Dactyl upscales. I've heard of 120% and maybe 150% upscales being successful. Plus the things were downscaled from the EnerJet Pterodactyl.
+1 There small and light and really sweet gliders that stay up forever even on the smallest 13mm motor. 👍

Back