Mini BBX w/ Terrier Booster on a G/G?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MPRman

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find RockSim file for the Mini BBX w/ Terrier Booster combination?

I don't have access to a super large field (so many Maryland fields have trees that attract rockets) and high altitude is not necessary for me. What matters is a solid, stable flight with proper boost separation and recovery using a drogue (two-stage) system.

I am wondering if a G80 in the boost and some sort of G in the second stage will get this bird off the rod and stable and to at least 1,000'.

I am not Level I cert so I am wondering if it's worth investing in this combo kit, and get away using G's only.

I have a Rocksim file but it is for mine as built. It has a few changes and weighs more. I think my first flight was on an H242 to G54 and was underpowered. It flew much better on an I357 to H128. A lot higher too.

I suppose that something like a G339N would work in the booster but then you must have an altimeter to control booster deployment. The G80 is wildly inadequate.

Latest posts

Back