Mind=Blown

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CORZERO

Reaction score
[video=youtube;GoW8Tf7hTGA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoW8Tf7hTGA[/video]

Awesome visualization!

Makes it pretty hard to deny the existence of other intelligent races and orders of life.
The fact that we as petty earthbound humans can even slightly comprehend it is pretty great indeed!

Gets fairly theoretical quick, but the beginning was a pretty sweet comparison.

Music was from Vangelis' Albedo 0.39 album. Song's name is "Alpha".

He's got a new album coming out... "Rosetta"

vangelis-rosetta-album.png

[video=youtube;FJrUnzLsmZk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJrUnzLsmZk[/video]

Last edited:
Wow is that insanely cool...
At the end of the vid it made mention of the multiverse beyond the universe..
Has anything beyond the universe ever been found / proven ??

Teddy

Awesome visualization!

Makes it pretty hard to deny the existence of other intelligent races and orders of life.
The fact that we as petty earthbound humans can even slightly comprehend it is pretty great indeed!

If you start with materialism and a random universe that somehow caused itself to exist, then anything is possible. In fact, there is no basis upon which to state what is possible or impossible. One can only observe and deduce, correctly or incorrectly, and continue to modify deductions as new data become available.

However, if you start with a Sovereign God who created the universe for his own glory, and created man in his image because he is a relational and loving God, then that changes everything. The only real source of truth would be revelational knowledge, and science would only be true science if it were subject to that revealed knowledge.

I'm not trying to be controversial or get into an argument, and I certainly don't want the thread locked because of me. But I did want to offer an opposing viewpoint. I think much of the world today starts with "Science is truth," and then everything else, including the Bible, has to fit inside that. But I start with "The Bible is truth," and everything else, including science, needs to fit inside that.

The multiverse theories imply one of two types of multiverses. Either multiple universes of different configurations of the additional spacial dimensions of string theory each with it's own laws of physics, universal constants, and elementary particles (The theory allows for approximately 10^500th possible configurations). The other type is spatially and causally separated universes within our space. These would be sections of space to far away and moving away faster that the speed of light (this is possible do to expansion of space) such that nothing within them can have any relationship with anything within our space. Cosmic inflation theory suggested there could be infinitely many such universes separated by the inflating space between them (which inflates faster that the speed of light). In Lawrence Krauss's book A Universe from Nothing he explains these possibilities. He also explains that eventually the expansion of our universe will eventually (2 trillion years from now) drive everything except our gravitationally bound galaxy out of range of out perception. To cosmologists of that period the entire observable universe will consist of their local galaxy (much like was thought hundreds of years ago) with no possibility of any sign of the expansion of the universe ever reaching them.

If you start with materialism and a random universe that somehow caused itself to exist, then anything is possible. In fact, there is no basis upon which to state what is possible or impossible. One can only observe and deduce, correctly or incorrectly, and continue to modify deductions as new data become available.

However, if you start with a Sovereign God who created the universe for his own glory, and created man in his image because he is a relational and loving God, then that changes everything. The only real source of truth would be revelational knowledge, and science would only be true science if it were subject to that revealed knowledge.

I'm not trying to be controversial or get into an argument, and I certainly don't want the thread locked because of me. But I did want to offer an opposing viewpoint. I think much of the world today starts with "Science is truth," and then everything else, including the Bible, has to fit inside that. But I start with "The Bible is truth," and everything else, including science, needs to fit inside that.

You're a good man John,,
I always enjoy reading your posts...

Teddy

Back