Military History

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred22

Reaction score
Some in the past on the board have stated they enjoy military history. I am now reading a book called "Where Right and Glory Lead! The Battle of Lundy's Lane, 1814 " by Donald Graves. It is a very even handed treatment of a pivotal battle and should be enjoyed by all. For those of you who are interested heres the wiki on the battle. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lundy's_Lane
I recently visited the battle site itself and it was truly humbling to stand on this ground.
Cheers
fred

Fascinating. A bloody battle that appears to have been a draw. I think most Americans tend to forget about the war of 1812. A fitting topic for Memorial Day.

Bob

Fascinating. A bloody battle that appears to have been a draw. I think most Americans tend to forget about the war of 1812. A fitting topic for Memorial Day.

Bob

Thanks Bob. I agree. My anscestors fought.on both sides. 1812 was pvotal for both sides IMO. The US stood up for it,s interests and Canada survived as a nation.

I'm a big buff on military history and collect a lot of memorabilia from past wars, I'll have to check this book out. I just finished The Things They Carried. It was a very unique look at the personal side of Vietnam.

I think what is amazing is how similar the themes are. Lots of weight to carry, poor food coupled with the elements and the terrors of combat. Never cease to be amazed at the endurance of most folks involved.
Cheers
fred

Back