Mile High Rockets parachutes?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NUBlackshirts

Reaction score
Hello all.

Been away from the forum and the hobby for a couple of months due to a new job. Glad to be back into it again.

Have any of you used the flame-resistant chutes from Mile High Rockets? https://www.milehighrockets.com/

If so, what is/are your opinion(s) on them?

Thanks.

Ron

Originally posted by NUBlackshirts
Have any of you used the flame-resistant chutes from Mile High Rockets?

Ron, I have several of their chutes..... I won some auctions last year.......... I have not used them, but just looking at them I would say they are pretty good......... They look real light weight.........

Ron,

I picked up a couple of them about 6 months ago, and have used them on a couple of flights.

the parachutes are in kit form, so you will have to build them. They worked fine for me, However the material that they are made of is fairly stiff, more stiff than your standard plastic or mylar chute. This didn't seem to effect the operation, just the packing into the rocket. Other than that, I held a lighter under the material for 10-15 seconds and all that happened was that the material got a little black soot on it. Since my rockets had a baffle they didn't get the flaming chunks of ejection charge on them, so I do not know if they will survive that.

BTW, They responded quickly to the email that I sent them.

Thanks Randy and Mike for the info. Sounds like Mike really put the "flame-resistance" to the test. That is what I was really curious about.

BTW Mike, where do you fly your rockets around CO?

Ron,

I try and find the largest field at the closest school. I only fly A-D motors so I do not send anything really high.

I did try the little parachute guys that they sell on my last launch. I stuffed one into my Boat-tailed Big Baby Bertha (that's a story in itself) and launched it. The kids didn't realize that there was a parachutist, they thought that it was wadding... Fortunately they found it.

Mike

Mike,

I guess this weekend I will go around and check out the schools in the area. I have a park within a couple of blocks that would be perfect, but they won't let us launch in the parks. :mad:

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back