Might be offline for a few days... Typhoon is OTW, and we're expected to be hit.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see that the typhoon has diminished. How's the flooding situation in your area?
Utilities still up?
Utilities are still doing fine... It's quiet now... Still dry.

Flooding in Yantai isn't going to happen. Or at least my section of Yantai it isn't. Between the Yellow Sea, and where I live (at the foot of a range of (barely) mountains) there's less than 3 Km. Far too little area to get so much rain as to cause serious flooding. A storm surge? Perhaps an area of a few blocks gets its feet wet. A tsunami? That depends on how big it is.

Here's a live tracker Jim.
Made landfall just south of Shanghai.
Looks like it may turn into a low pressure system when it approaches Weifang.
Hopefully just some rain in your area.
Tropical Storm In-Fa (Fabian) LIVE Images and Tracker | Zoom Earth

Amazing that some people were out in the street when the typhoon made landfall.

Thanks for that link... I'm in Yantai... so we're not going to take a direct hit based on that forecast. I'm expecting some wind, and heavy rain, but that's just my unprofessional guess.

Ok... So far, we've got high thin clouds, pleasant temps today... A little breeze... No precipitation. I hope that where it is active that things aren't too bad. Looks like Shanghai and other places in the south where it hit have taken some damage.

Sunrise
1627562659464.jpeg

Last edited:
The rains have arrived... Not too heavy, but a steady rain... I got soaked in a run to take out the trash and then get some fresh fruit. So, I went to the office to see if a package I'm expecting arrived (it didn't). Nice thing is, I now don't need to pre-rinse my shirt and shorts before washing them in the morning.

Sunset
1627562738967.jpeg

Well, this sucks for me... It's good for China, but not for me... The storm has broken up, and they just UNCANCELED our classes for today and Saturday... But I was up all night, aching from my time being rained on (taking out the trash, getting some fresh fruit). As I was typing that, I just got a call that I need to teach a class I was not scheduled for at 3pm today. I have a series of words that come from the movie "The King's Speech"... You know the saying (begins with the letter "F" ends with the letter "K"... has two other letters in there)... Said repeatedly throughout the film. I need sleep and to wash my clothes, which are going to be wet for classes this evening.

Back