MidWestPower 2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we are planning on it - about an 8 hour drive for us but we have never been to a big launch and we really want to see some HPR.
If we can't make it then we may try to get to Southern MN Tripoli launch on the 23rd - its only about 3-4 hour drive.

Yep We are coming there is about 4 or 5 of us coming up .

We are from Tri-State Rocketry in Quincy Il.

It wont get here soon enough!!

Off memory, there should be....

7 M cluster
Ex P motor
Ex O motor
N motor with 7 M2200 skidmark cluster
3 N cluster

Plus many more N and M flights......this is going to be one heck of a launch!

Come on you Midwesteners.....only 2 weeks away now.

I was hopeing to have a big TRF gathering there...like some of you do in the spring at Whitakers...this could be the fall meet.

Me and the DUCES will be there on Sat, also if I work hard and the weather holds a recreation of Jamie Clay's Mercury Joe! 7ft tall 15lbs Mercury Redstone with Freedom 7 capsule with 12in GI JOE at the controlls ,with on board video ,launching on a 5 motor cluster! I have a lot of work to do this week!

Coming up from the Atlanta area. John Clifton and I will be flying a bunch of stuff, but the highlight will be on EX day. Hope the weather holds!

7.5x Upscale Estes Goblin (unfortunately, less decals and final paint)
10.25" diameter
~11' tall
~67lbs without motor
~117lbs on the pad
152mm O6502
4.5 second burn time
29,259ns total impulse
14,099' peak altitude
1025.0mph max velocity (MACH 1.36)

John also has a 98mm smokey N motor to fly in a 7.5" upscale of the Estes Corkscrew.

Can't wait! Should be an awesome launch!!

Greg

Uh-oh. Accoring to a few online forecasts, the weather looks pretty poor..... 40% of showers, 12-16mph winds (although another site said gusts to 33!).

What are people here going to fly? As long as the range is not shut down for wind, our group is going to launch my PE Honest John on a 550I280 candy motor . I modified it to have deployment by an ARTS accelerometer, with the additional benefit of a thrust curve and motor data! Our group may or may not (depending on finances!) launch a 7 motor cluster with all I200W + video camera payload, and an extended EZI-65 with dual deployment on a K185 :cool: . That will get it up there.

Everyone on TRF, please get out your rabbit feet, lucky stones, and four leafed clovers to help me pray to the rocket gods for a prosperous launch!

oh man....i wish i was going to that...i'd love to see some N, O and P motors. the biggest motor i've ever seen go off was a K, and that shook the ground. i can only imagine an N.

My friend and I showed up roughly at 10:00am, right behind Gerbs and his Father. We were told that the launch was on hold and everybody was meeting at the Days Inn in Princeton, 5 miles back down the road. I guess that due to the 1.5" of rain the area has seen in the past couple of days, the farmer didn't want people going back till it dried out a bit. Also it was very windy, 15-25 mph. One guy came into the confrence room where we had gathered and said possibly we could get things going around 3-4 o'clock. We hung around untill 12:30 and headed back 150 miles to home.

I did get to show off the my Jayhawk to Gerbs,Solrules, and Brad Wilson from the TQC club. I really think it was a big hit.

As for tomorrow? The weather is calling for sunny skys, with wind about 6mph. But I think I'm staying home. I'll just launch sometime in the future. I'f my buddy haden't had to get back and my daughter not needing my truck in the morning, I may have got a room for the night. I'm sure the pads will be loaded tomorrow.

tomorrow does look better weather wise, but I'm staying home too. Almost didn't go today, been fighting allergies. Can't wait to see some night launch photos.
solrules>was that your Honest John in the conference room?

Pads were loaded ! I had to leave early weather was perfect, and GI Joe mission sucess !

Sunday was perfect weather-wise and there were lots of flyers there. There were some spectacular flights and equally massives crashes and shreds. The most amazing launch I've been to.

Look at the TQC web site in the coming days for pix to be posted as they come in: https://tripoliquadcities39.com

Personally I flew my 7.5" upscaled BSD Horizon (the Big Ho) on an EX M2500 to 6000' and its payload of a bottle of Crown Royal whiskey survived and was (mostly) consumed that evening after the flying by several rocketeers.

Saturday was rained/winded out until about 4:00 p.m. when a few put up rockets which continued into the evening for a night launch.

Sunday was the day. There were many , many flights and I was able to fly my 19 lb. post cover rocket on a Pro54 K660 to 4600'. That's a fun flight. I also put my slightly stretched 5 lb. dual deploy PML Pterodactyl Jr. to 8000' on a Pro54 K650 Smoky Sam. That flight was picture perfect with no damage and an easy recovery about a quarter-mile away. It went to Mach 1.03 (777 mph) according to the G-wiz MC. It hit Mach at 2.5 seconds into the 2.69 second burn.

It was a terrific launch despite some poor weather. Plan for MWP3 next year. You won't be disappointed!

Anybody have any pictures from this event? The pictures on www.tripoliquadcities39.com are incredible...mainly the pictures and vids of "The Wildman" rocket. Although it had a spectacular shred, the boost was absolutely breathtaking via the pics...can't imagine what it would be like being there. I assume this is the one that went on a central N and 6 M2200SK's. Way cool stuff.

Pictures - those on the web site are all that I've seen. I agree that they are amazing. Brent Hill's liftoff still photos are incredible. There is an equally amazing video of the launch here: https://www.wildmanrocketry.com/ Click on the "Wildman Theater" link bottom left.

Whoops - that the same video as on the TCQ page. Oh, well, check out Tim's rocket supply web page, too.

Tim is already talking of next year's project which, knowing him, will be another huge one. Keep in mind MWP3 for next year. It's going to be bigger and better yet!

good thing the wildman rocket has a lifetime guarantee!!

awesome video and pictures - sure sorry I missed it.

Back