Midwest Power 7

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edkreul

Reaction score
Midwest Power is the Midwest's premier HPR launch. During the last weekend in October, starting with research day Friday October 30th and Commercial days on Saturday and Sunday, rocket enthusiasts congregate in the open fields of central Illinois to participate in this end-of-season sensation

Rocketeers of all levels and rockets of all sizes are welcome. With a standing waiver of 16,000’ MSL and windows to 25,000’ MSL, large projects and minimum diameter altitude models can stretch their legs. Register at www.Midwestpower.org

Volunteers have an opportunity to be picked for one of two M reloads (M1315 and an M1939)!

To continue a Wildman tradition, there will be two drag races again at Midwest Power. Saturday will feature the 3" Wildman Dual Deploy and Sunday's race will be for the Wildman Jr. rocket.

Saturday, Oct 31st 12 Noon
3" Wildman Dual Deploy Rocket
Open Class Motor (Commercial)
Max Altitude Competition

Sunday, Nov 1st Noon
Wildman Jr. Rocket
CTI 3-grain skid reloads
Max Duration Competition

Register at www.Midwestpower.org

Woohoo! Can't wait. Haven't really flown a lot this year, mainly at LDRS and a few Bong launches. Hopefully I can make up for it here. Finally hope to fly the Competitor 3 the way it was meant to be flown, on a big'un. In my case, the K555. :D

Other than that, I'm not sure yet. Should be a great launch. :D

Woohoo! Can't wait. Haven't really flown a lot this year, mainly at LDRS and a few Bong launches. Hopefully I can make up for it here. Finally hope to fly the Competitor 3 the way it was meant to be flown, on a big'un. In my case, the K555. :D

Other than that, I'm not sure yet. Should be a great launch. :D

Nice seeing u at LDRS. Hope u had as much fun as me!

Ben

Also of mention for the drag races... Ed

3 " Wildman drag race the winner gets a $150 gift certificate donated by Wildman Hobbies
Wildman Jr. drag race winner gets a $ 100 gift certificate donated by Wildman Hobbies

Rocketeers of all levels and rockets of all sizes are welcome.

I made the mistake of bringing my three girls a few years ago when it was advertised that they would get free pumkins. We left early after the announcer started using 4-letter words over the loudspeaker then proceeded to arrange for that night's beer bash. One hotel was also trashed out in recent years by the participants.

I would suggest that his event is NOT appropriate for young kids.

Last edited:
I've attended the last 5 or 6 Midwest Power launches and felt I needed to subdue some of the comments in the previous post.

1. 4-letter words -- I'm, assuming the announcer referenced to was Tim. We all know Tim can get rather enthusiastic at times and some inappropriate language may slip through his on-board censor. Not much worse that you get with the media these days (did you see the Packer's game??)

2. night's beer bash -- The "beer bash" is a pizza party organized by Tim and is attended by many families. Do some persons partake of alcohol before the party?? Sure, but the party is nothing more than a fun get together to meet new people and discuss rockets.

3. hotel was also trashed -- Way Off Base! The only incident I know of is a flyer who made a bad decision to use a table cloth to clean the motor tube of his rocket. Not smart but hardly trashing a hotel!

One hotel was also trashed out in recent years by the participants.

BOLD statement sir, please explain...

Four letter words over the PA...

I have to agree with you here. Any foul language over the PA is a poor idea will eventually offend. I will forward this to Tim in an effort to improve PA behavior as to not offend anyone in attendance. No one's perfect, but hopefully an effort will be made to improve this in the future. Fair enough?

Justin

There were extensive discussions about the hotel incident on one of the HP rocketry forums. I don't do high power so I don't frequent the dedicated HP forums that much and can't remember exactly which forum it was. I was reading through that particular forum when a friend directed me there about another friend's HP project. Weren't there even forums at one time on the MP site? It's possible that the discussions were on that site. Nonetheless, there were extensive discussions about the hotel incident on the site. I'm not making this up, and unfortunately don't frequent HP forums enough to remember which one it was.

I'm not trying to censor anyone's speech, but considering what has been said of the PA system then at least don't advertise it as being appropriate for kids. It is a rougher crowd and I have no problem with that, but probably not an event that could be labeled as kid friendly. That's my main point.

I'll be there!

I'll be attempting a mile high flight there, and I just got the motors for it today.

I'm not trying to censor anyone's speech, but considering what has been said of the PA system then at least don't advertise it as being appropriate for kids. It is a rougher crowd and I have no problem with that, but probably not an event that could be labeled as kid friendly. That's my main point.

It's sad to say, but kids probably hear worse at school.

Pat B
The hotel Trashing you are referring to is the table cloth incident and that was taken care of by the offending .

We have had great relations with the host hotel and been invited back every year.
As far As THE BEER BASH it has never been a Beer bash or anything of the sort . there is alcohol for sale at the bar next door.

It's not like we get a keg and start passing out cups or have naked girls dancing around , we did howerer have grown men in a dress:y:

I do let a 4 letter word slip more than I would like sometimes.
But I think you are make making a mountain out of a mole hole.

To say It isn't kid friendly is over doing it a little I believe.

Tim "the potty mouth" Lehr

The new Midwest Power 7 tee shirts have arrived. These are the best looking ones yet -- sure to be a classic.

Get yours @ www.midwestpower.org

Last edited:
My family and I have actively participated since MWP4... I'm a pretty conservative dad. If I would have felt my kids were being exposed to anything 'bad', I wouldn't have come back (by the way, I'll be there all weekend again). Tim and all of the people (WOOSH, QCRS and so many volunteers) that help at MWP are first rate and will treat you as family. Ed

Pre-registration for Midwest Power 7 will close after Friday, Oct 16th. After Friday, you will need to register on site at a higher cost.

Back