Midwest Power 19 Registration is OPEN!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicagoDave

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, it's that time of year again! Pre-registration is open for Midwest Power 19. Launch dates are Friday, Oct 29th to Sunday , October 31st. Head over to MidwestPower.org to sign up. The first 100 people registered get a free Midwest Power pin. This year we will be hosting multiple vendors, holding an education booth for any rocketry questions as well as a kids table.

Also, don't forget to sign up for the banquet. There are a total of 200 seats available, though some are already sold :clapping:

Stay tuned here for more information!!

MWP19.jpg

Last edited:
A couple of important dates for Midwest Power 19.

If you want to order apparel (T-Shirts, hoodies, other great stuff) the cut-off date will be October 1st.
Banquet tickets will be available until all 200 are sold, or October 15th, whichever come first.

~Dave~

A couple of things...
The banquet menu will once again be Portillo's Italian beef, baked Mostaccioli, and salad.
Served at 6pm at the Days Inn banquet room in Princeton, IL.

Please remember, you must register to fly at the launch, even if you are a current member.

Let’s see. Is ~45 days enough time for me to prep one rocket… :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, I'm refitting the AV bay, so we'll see. Trying to fit screw switches in. Had to change the 1/4" all thread configuration.... And maybe build that pesky motor thingy...

Friendly reminder that October 1st is the pre-registration cutoff date.

I've got almost all my rockets built and ready to go. Still putting the finishing touches on the Wildman Goblin 5.

$75 for registration and club membership?

Yup. $45.00 for MWP, $30.00 for annual dues, and $10.00 for the banquet. So technically, $85.00... ;)
Most people just use MWP as the reminder to pay their dues. Easy to keep track that way.
And today's the last day to order hoodies or T-shirts. $22-24.00 for t-shirts and $55-57.00 for hoodies.

Is club membership required? It used to be required when QCRS had private insurance, now not so much. Not stirring the pot, genuine question if the membership is required to fly at MWP?

Ok, just for clarity, I am not a member of the club, and have no intentions of joining if I don't have to, so $45 to fly at MWP?

Thinking of attending for the first time. Is there a web site with hotels in the area, where the banquet is being held, other info for those not familiar with the area / launch?

Thinking of attending for the first time. Is there a web site with hotels in the area, where the banquet is being held, other info for those not familiar with the area / launch?

Excellent question, and thank you for asking!

If you like rocketry I promise you'll love Midwest Power. Even if you don't fly any rockets it's just an awesome time and spectating is always fun :) There will be some big rockets, medium rockets, small rockets... oh and did I mention rockets!? Plus there will be food, vendors and other fun to be had. Oh, and I'll be drag racing my 5" Wildman Goblin again and maybe even keep the fins on this time. :D

Probably the best way to start is to go here: https://www.qcrs.us/qcrc and click on "launch info" up at the top. There's a map to the field and other useful tidbits. Then click on QCRC - Midwest Power (qcrs.us) and check out the list of vendors and registered flyers.

To directly answer your question regarding lodging and logistics, the closes place to stay is Princeton, IL where there are a few hotels to chose from: THE 10 BEST Princeton Hotel Deals (Oct 2021) - Tripadvisor Princeton, IL also has a few places to eat near the hotels. (Note: I personally am going to stay in Peru, IL where there's a bigger selection of hotels and services right off of I-80, about 35 - 40 minutes from the field)

The banquet will be at the Days Inn in Princeton after our launch on Saturday! Tickets are 10 dollars and you can order them online. Come and enjoy the food, company, and of course, our raffle :cool:

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have questions and I hope you can make it.

Hot off the press! Cross-posted from Facebook:
Midwest Power Update!
As promised, a quick update from the board to you.
MWP is Oct. 29-31st. All are welcome. Our T-Shirt orders closed as of this morning. Pre-Registration ends on OCTOBER 15th!!! Make sure you register before then so you don't have to pay a higher fee!

MWP will be different this year. We have multiple vendors attending. They are all very excited to meet everyone. QCRC will be making two posts/week starting this week to highlight our vendors and raffle donors. As of now, we have a confirmed 7 vendors attending!!! Check out our website to see which vendors are coming. Their links are attached to their names, so check them out!!

We will be hosting our banquet at the Days Inn as we have in past years and catering Portillo's as we have done in the past. The raffle this year is going to be VERY exciting. Many vendors have agreed to donate products.

QCRC has been making it a goal to be more family-friendly. This year we will have a kids tent. It will be covered so that rain or shine, kids can have fun! Inside, there will be 5 activities. The first is a sensory table with "Galaxy Rice" (No, it is uncooked rice and not for eating). Second, we have rip art candy corn where kids can create their own candy corn with ripped up paper. Our third activity is a paper air rocket. Every kid enjoys some coloring so our 4th activity is coloring pages!! We will have many different coloring sheets to choose from. Our final activity (The board's favorite), Monster Munchies! Kids can grab a baggy that has some out of this world snacks.

Food.
Everyone's favorite thing on the planet. We do plan to have food on site. We have been waiting to see if scouts would be making it out. If scouts are unable to, we plan to have some food trucks. Updates to come.
Our Education booth will be next to our registration tent. We will have rocket parts, rocket building techniques, pamphlets, and Level 3 members nearby to talk rockets! If you have any questions, are looking for new or different building techniques, need help building a motor, want some in-field repairs help, etc. stop by!

Night Launch!!
We will be hosting a night launch, however you may only fly up to a G motor and your rocket needs to have a light on it! The night launch will begin at dark on Friday. Go out and enjoy dinner before coming back for some cool flights.

More information is to come as always and we are so excited to share this event with you!

Just registered

Going to be a good weekend, I can feel it.

Now, I just need to get my C++ homework done for that week and submitted early so I'm not trying to do it Sunday night! That weeks topic is File I/O Streaming....... :-\

Question... how would a SLI team register? Would their mentor be the registered flyer, or should the team lead register?

Or have the highest level team member sign up. The main thing is we need names for anyone who is going to fly. That way the name badges are already in the packet, so we don’t have to do that on the field when there’s already a line to register.

cross-posted from Facebook
We will be hosting a MWP Zoom Informational Meeting Wednesday, Oct. 13th @ 7:00PM.
Jane Denali is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Midwest Power Meeting
Time: Oct 13, 2021 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85100092355...
Meeting ID: 851 0009 2355
Passcode: rocket
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,85100092355#,,,,*318350# US (Chicago)
+19292056099,,85100092355#,,,,*318350# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Passcode: 318350
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kvtthFzbS

Rather rude of you to exclude the undead on Halloween weekend. :headspinning:

I don't live in the area anymore, but I hope everyone has a good time. Midwest Power was pretty darn great when I used to go.

Well, the undead (why are they called the undead; they’re dead, just still mobile) leave unsavory bits laying about that I’d rather not step in. 🤢

Well, the undead (why are they called the undead; they’re dead, just still mobile) leave unsavory bits laying about that I’d rather not step in. 🤢

Well, I do think a dead thing that still does stuff on its own deserves some kind of unique appellation...

As for unsavory bits, it depends on what kind. Sure, zombies do but vampires probably don't. Though I suppose the presence of vampires comes with its own set of problems.

Yes, it is that time again. Time to post an update on Midwest Power!!

We're looking for a few more people to volunteer to help -- We have some open slots still to fill and I'm hoping some of you would like to pitch in to make this MWP awesome. If so, here's the link to see what's still in need of your assistance: Midwest Power Volunteer Sign Up

Midwest Power absolutely cannot run smoothly without the help of volunteers to run the launch. Please please consider volunteering a portion of your time to help us have a smooth event it means a better launch for everyone.

~Dave~

Reminder of a MWP meeting tonight, Wednesday October 13th. Here's the ZOOM meeting info:

We will be hosting a MWP Zoom Informational Meeting Wednesday, Oct. 13th @ 7:00PM.
Jane Denali is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Midwest Power Meeting
Time: Oct 13, 2021 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85100092355...
Passcode: rocket
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,85100092355#,,,,*318350# US (Chicago)
+19292056099,,85100092355#,,,,*318350# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Passcode: 318350
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kvtthFzbS

We now have confirmed there will be food. Not just food, but a food truck. Not just any food truck but a really awesome food truck that will be on-site Friday - Sunday for lunch!

Flo's on Pulaski from Peru, IL will have their food truck at Midwest Power this year all three days. Pretty exciting!! In fact I might just show up for the food :)

Without further ado, here's the menu:
20211018_001305000_iOS (2).png

Now don't quote me on this, but there may be one more bonus item that gets added. But I won't spoil the surprise just yet.

~Dave~

Back