Midwest Power 14

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRIFFIN

Reaction score
Registration is open and the volunteer sign up is up and operational. Make sure to register early. Also, shirts will be VERY limited this year as a purchase on site. Please get your shirt order in with registration.

Midwest Power is a Tripoli launch run with the Tripoli Research rules in place. If you are not familiar with these rules, please read over them.

Let's keep this thread going with out the typical Midwest Power drama. I'm looking forward to the launch the way I looked forward to Christmas as a kid!

Reminder-

All 2 stage flights need to be RSO'd by one of the members and pre-approved through the prefect. Please send e-mail to prefect (at) QCRS (dot) us

We have a standing 15,000 foot waiver.

We will have a food vendor on site the entire launch (unless rainout)

Wildman Hobbies will be there in full force supporting all your needs.

There WILL be a Wildman drag race (details are being ironed out as we speak)

Last edited:
******UPDATE*****

Looks like I might have jumped the gun. The site is opens an you can sign up for volunteering, but registration and shirt purchase is about 2 days away. Hang in there!!

FYI- website is here: https://www.midwestpower.org/

I already signed up for some volunteer spots. @Jason- can we make sure Terry Smemo comes up to do LCO? He's always very entertaining on the mic.

Not sure what I'll be flying yet, but it'll be something faster than last year. Maybe do my L3.

FYI- website is here: https://www.midwestpower.org/

I already signed up for some volunteer spots. @Jason- can we make sure Terry Smemo comes up to do LCO? He's always very entertaining on the mic.

Not sure what I'll be flying yet, but it'll be something faster than last year. Maybe do my L3.

+1,,, lol....

Teddy

Terry has an open invitation to join us every year. I will do my best to secure his return and lock him into some LCO'n

NAR people can fly there right? If so, any NAR people going that can witness an L1 cert flight?

Anyone can fly, as long as you pay registration :) I'm a NAR person (and Tripoli), and can witness an L1 cert. Truthfully, there will be many NAR people there who can do cert signoffs.

Anyone can fly, as long as you pay registration :) AND If you have a current NAR or TRIPOLI membership.

I fix that for you Glen. Let's not leave out so important details to these questions.

Last edited:
I fix that for you Glen. Let's not leave out so important details to these questions.

Thanks! although I would point out that someone who is not a NAR/Tripoli member could fly LPR/MPR rockets up to a G motor, right?

Done and done. Looking forward to a great MWP this year. I'll be flying my first Night Flight this year...

Thanks! although I would point out that someone who is not a NAR/Tripoli member could fly LPR/MPR rockets up to a G motor, right?

Keep in mind that an adult flyer who is not a member of either NAR or Tripoli flying anything regardless of impulse is not insured by either organization. If one of these guys hurts someone there is no insurance coverage. Kids fly for free. We have always allowed kids to fly free. But everyone else, needs to be Tripoli or NAR.

Last edited:
Registration will be up and running by the week-end.

RandyL

NAR people can fly there right? If so, any NAR people going that can witness an L1 cert flight?

There will be many NAR. Members there, I too can be a witness, PM me when it gets close.

Hoping to complete my L3 at my first MWP this year! Can't wait, been planning on attending this launch for a year and will bring many rockets
K-675
K-515
K-360
J-295
M1939
H45
on the docket to name a few

There will be many NAR. Members there, I too can be a witness, PM me when it gets close.

Hoping to complete my L3 at my first MWP this year! Can't wait, been planning on attending this launch for a year and will bring many rockets
K-675
K-515
K-360
J-295
M1939
H45

Nice. What's the M1939 flying in?

Ahhhhh, I take it a two stage BP C to C staging with a modroc is not likely to be an issue? The HPR, electronically staged I could appreciate the extra scrutiny. Kurt

Correct. That would just require standard RSO'ing. Any word on the antenna?

Oh man,,
This is gonna be a great launch AND a great time fer sure...
I can't wait...
I wonder if that skeleton will be there again this year ??? lol...

Teddy

K-675
K-515
K-360
J-295
M1939
H45

Nick, will be good to see you at MWP, and to see your L3 flight. Looking forward to it.

Registration is open and the volunteer sign up is up and operational. Make sure to register early. Also, shirts will be VERY limited this year as a purchase on site. Please get your shirt order in with registration.

Midwest Power is a Tripoli launch run with the Tripoli Research rules in place. If you are not familiar with these rules, please read over them.

Let's keep this thread going with out the typical Midwest Power drama. I'm looking forward to the launch the way I looked forward to Christmas as a kid!

Reminder-

All 2 stage flights need to be RSO'd by one of the members and pre-approved through the prefect. Please send e-mail to prefect (at) QCRS (dot) us

We have a standing 15,000 foot waiver.

We will have a food vendor on site the entire launch (unless rainout)

Wildman Hobbies will be there in full force supporting all your needs.

There WILL be a Wildman drag race (details are being ironed out as we speak)
Wildman Hobbies and Aerotech have gotten together to bring you the MWP 14 Drag Race.
A Demon 98 including the new filament wound nose cone and the Aeropack retainer flying on a new Aerotech K Dark Matter reload for the 54/2800 hardware plus you get the hardware .
All of that at regular price is $695.00
for the drag its only $400.00
If you already have the rocket the reload and hardware will cost you $230.00
This deal is only for participants in the MWP 14 drag race

Last edited:
Wildman Hobbies and Aerotech have gotten together to bring you the MWP 14 Drag Race.
A Demon 98 flying on a new Aerotech K Dark Matter reload for the 54/2800 hardware plus you get the hardware .

Whoa...

A Demon 98 including the new filament wound nose cone and the Aeropack retainer flying on a new Aerotech K Dark Matter reload for the 54/2800 hardware plus you get the hardware .

Sounds like a sweet deal Tim! I already have a Demon, but I do have a question. Is there any way of getting one of those new FWFG nosecones to replace the one I have now?

I'm in. Just reload and hardware please.

Back