Midwest Power 14

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you one and all, MWP was well worth the drive! Glad I stayed for Scooter and Red Dog, because somewhere between Springfield MO and Tulsa OK you need something to keep your mind on :) congrats, Gus on a spectacular flight

Thank you one and all, MWP was well worth the drive! Glad I stayed for Scooter and Red Dog, because somewhere between Springfield MO and Tulsa OK you need something to keep your mind on :) congrats, Gus on a spectacular flight

Thank-you Jeb! :D I'm very humbled by your comments...:eek: If you plan to be at Airfest 2017, look for me. I'm thinking about shoving an M2245 and, M840 combination into it and, "Busting" some sky! :headbang: Think its time for a minor air frame overhaul and, a new Missile Works GPS package.
It gets cold and, dull around Malfunction Junction in the winter months- Give me something to do!;)

Justin! Did you get any?..:rolleyes:
:rolleyes: How about my?
Maybe my? ;)

You KNOW I'm kidding you! I patiently look forward to seeing your video along with all the rest of us rocket crazies!

For those who missed the night launch, good friend Scott Sager brought out TWO incredible rockets...One with 300 LEDS and, the other with 600 LEDS! He managed to get up three flights that evening much to the excitement of the crowd. Great job Scott!:D

I feel bad I never got to see Sabrina's NEW Aerotech Mirage fly. Sunday went by too fast. I'm sure I'll get "Schooled" at Bong sometime in the near future in a side by side with my pathetic attempt to build a *small rocket*. :bangpan:

Thanks again for all your help on Sunday young lady...I only wish I could have explained more of what I was doing during the rush to prep those four rockets...for two flights.
There will be another day- :eek:

Hey Uncle Gus!!!!

Those Night Rockets - MINE! :dark:

Mine mine mine mine MINE mine Mine. :mad:

ALL MINE! :cool:

OK - maybe dad did help a little, :blush:
-But as far as you know, I built 'em, I flew 'em, I recovered 'em, 'cause they're MINE! :wink:

IMG_20161105_195906.jpg IMG_20161105_200013.jpg IMG_20161105_202532.jpg [YOUTUBE]s3409Vrwzwo[/YOUTUBE]

ALSO - I own 24 ( that's two DOZEN ) pair of SUNGLASSES and I left them all at HOME!
The Dr. says I'm not really blind, and my full vision will return in another week to 10 days ;)
IMG_20161104_101622.jpg

Thank you so much for the 2-stage High Power class you conducted over the past month, culminating in some awesome altitude @MWP14! :shock:
IMG_20161106_092708.jpg

Also, just because I'm a total showoff - here is a picture of the 5th GHOSTBUSTER ---> Cousin IT --> IMG_20161103_190647.jpg

-and of course, last but NOT least, I went up the the hotel soda machine in my UNICORN pj's and this happened-
IMG_20161105_225111.jpg

P.S. - A big GIANT THANK YOU to all the members of QCRS and all the VOLUNTEERS that made this an exceptional Launch.
:cheers: :clap::clap::clap: :cheers:

OH Yeah - Thanks for all the pictures in this thread !!!! - Keep 'em Coming!!!

- Sabrina

Isn't she just a *Sweetie*? :eek: The "Monster" part was lurking deep inside, long before I got there...:lol:

Oh...and, Dave? Whoooops! :surprised: I mean "Jeb" I've already run the miles from "Alba-Quirky" to Argonia. Looks like around 570 ish.
It would have to be on Sunday (as usual) and, I'd have the giant AIR-CONDITIONED Rocket Fetcher to chase that sustainer around the Kansas countryside...

I'm thinking like 35k maybe. :point: Could always use a hand!

Last edited:
Eric
Thanks for the totals. They used to say you could judge how good a LRDS was by if they had 1000 flights. But they have 4 days to do it. I think if MWP would have been 4 days we would have made the 1000 flights. But 3 days is long enough right.

We officially found him! Preston Nobile is "the most interesting man in the world!" His flight card says level 4!

11-10-2016 7-40-28 AM.jpg

Attachments

• 11-10-2016 7-40-28 AM.png
    11-10-2016 7-40-28 AM.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 77
Justin,,
Did you happen to get my rocket's flight on Friday afternoon...
The name is "Europa Express" and it went up on a Loki L 1040 R and airstarted 2-- Aerotech I 225 FJ's...

Thank you always Justin,,

Or if anybody got any pics of it,, lol....

Teddy

I got video of the up part...

I got video of the up part...

Thank you so much Justin,,,
The down part was mostly out of site...
I'd like very much to buy a DVD of the event,,
how cool is it to get to relive the event a week or 2 later while you still remember the goings on....

706 flights,,, in 3 days...
That is just amazing,,
and a testament to the club and the guys who run the launch...
Oh,, almost forgot,,,
with a huge drag race in the middle of the day on Saturday that made you rearrange the pads.....

Unfreakinbelievable....

Thank you all....

Teddy

ALSO - I own 24 ( that's two DOZEN ) pair of SUNGLASSES and I left them all at HOME!
The Dr. says I'm not really blind, and my full vision will return in another week to 10 days ;)
View attachment 305042
- Sabrina

1. If "I" had known that, I would have lent you my John Lennon shades...I always travel with 2 ( that's TWO ) pairs of sunglasses no matter where I go due to the fact LASIK surgery has taken my sensitive eyes and, made them even more...sensitive to light.

2. There's goes my Christmas present idea...Dang! I was thinking about a nice pair of Ray-Ban Clubmaster Juniors for you with REAL glass lenses, polarized of course but...SINCE you have so many c:cool::cool:l shades. That would be redundant. :sigh:

Nothing says cool like a nice pair of Ray-Ban any things-

I like your style with the Smiley People Thangs but, you *only* used 12...you had 8 more to go before reaching "Terminal Smiley Insertion" on any one post in this forum.
Don't ask me how I know...;)

Does anyone else think Eric is setting someone up for next year discussing the neat things that people put on their flight cards this year?

I've already commited myself to a future LCO shift at MWP15 and, im warning you all to watch :no: what you write.
I will show no mercy for ignorance but, plenty of humor for funny!

Bring it on...:lol:

I'd like very much to buy a DVD of the event...Teddy

Teddy, I really appreciate the support, but for many reasons, there will be no formal DVD production of MWP 14. It became glaringly obvious in 2015 there is not enough of a market to justify the investment. I’m just going to leave it at that… I plan to post the videos to YouTube once available separated by day. I’ll also list the flights captured in order to help folks find flights they are interested in.

I can also burn plain DVD’s of the BYOS (Bring Your Own Sharpie) variety and send to any interested party that is willing to donate to my equipment/consumables fund. This is a buyer names price scenario, anything you are kind enough to donate is great, if not, no worries… :wink:

Thank you again,

Just out of curiosity... # of motors burned per letter designation
2x 1/2A
14x A
27x B
59x C
29x D
32x E
33x F
93x G
112x H
100x I
73x J
85x K
35x L
35x M
2x N

Last edited:
Ah yes... That's right. Y'all are missing my WAC Corporal flight card. I remember the confusion over the radio.

I flew a M3464 on Saturday in the WAC Corporal. Let me know if you need more deets for the spreadsheet.

Mike

Ah yes... That's right. Y'all are missing my WAC Corporal flight card. I remember the confusion over the radio.

I flew a M3464 on Saturday in the WAC Corporal. Let me know if you need more deets for the spreadsheet.

Mike

Adding it now... Manufacturer, Length, Diameter, Weight of rocket?

That Brings our total to 714,291.7 Ns burned over 707 flights...

Here's a great picture of the Witch One Wins? drag race. Jason is on the left, Sather on the right. Based on the results, they probably matched each other all the way up from there... And although Sather won by about 10 feet, Jason lost by only 10 feet with an entire extra fin...

IMG_3403 16_1.jpg

Justin, If you can get me the edited video files,I can burn them to a dvd. Provided everyone knows this will NOT be a professional product. I know how to take video and put it on a dvd so you can play it in any dvd/bluray player. I will not be offering a bluray version, and I am only home weekends. If Justin greenlights this, I will be giving both him and QCRS a cut. I'm not looking to profit, just pay for supplies.

Does anyone else think Eric is setting someone up for next year discussing the neat things that people put on their flight cards this year?
I've already commited myself to a future LCO shift at MWP15 and, im warning you all to watch :no: what you write.
I will show no mercy for ignorance but, plenty of humor for funny!

Just one rule... Fill out the correct Flyer Name, Length, Diameter, and Weight of every rocket along with detailed motor info... A constant PAIN of entering the cards was looking up motors. Thank god for Thrust Curve and "Fill" function for repeat motors, but...
Have fun with Rocket Name and Rocket Colors... Make us laugh, make us cry...
The rocket dimensions and motor specs, however, are important safety information. Flyer Name is also crucial. Remember people, this is a legal document...

Teddy, I really appreciate the support, but for many reasons, there will be no formal DVD production of MWP 14. It became glaringly obvious in 2015 there is not enough of a market to justify the investment. I’m just going to leave it at that… I plan to post the videos to YouTube once available separated by day. I’ll also list the flights captured in order to help folks find flights they are interested in.

I can also burn plain DVD’s of the BYOS (Bring Your Own Sharpie) variety and send to any interested party that is willing to donate to my equipment/consumables fund. This is a buyer names price scenario, anything you are kind enough to donate is great, if not, no worries… :wink:

Thank you again,

I'm really sorry that you're not going to make a formal DVD of the event Justin. .
Your prior MWP DVD'S were super cool,, looked professionally done and must have been quite labor intensive by the time you get to a finished product. ..
I'd surly like one of the BYOS versions of this event and I'd be happy to donate / pay
for it. .. I'm at a slight disadvantage right now as I'm on my phone. ..
Could I trouble you to send me an email to my sales address with the details. ..
Thank you always for the great videos Justin. ...

Teddy

I didn't fill out weights because I didn't have a scale. If I can edit the document I will add them, if not I will email you

Oh...and, Dave? Whoooops! :surprised: I mean "Jeb" I've already run the miles from "Alba-Quirky" to Argonia. Looks like around 570 ish.
It would have to be on Sunday (as usual) and, I'd have the giant AIR-CONDITIONED Rocket Fetcher to chase that sustainer around the Kansas countryside...

I'm thinking like 35k maybe. :point: Could always use a hand!

570 piece of cake! it's on the calendar my friend. You should start a build thread...

BTW I think some guys just left ABQ for Distant Thunder, and

PS I drove through an Earthquake coming back from mwp ~5.3/5.0 near OK city

Back