Midpower cluster kits?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PunkRocketScience

Reaction score
Hey gang-

I'm starting to toy with the idea of midpower and highpower clusters. I have experience with lowpower clustering with BP motors, but not with clustering AP.

Do you have any recommendations for any unusual and creative (not just 3fnc) mid to high power cluster kits?

Thanks for any help you can send my way!

The LOC Viper III and Viper IV are good kits. I really love my Viper III.

I have a LOC 4-29SS, and really like it. It is very similar to the LOC IV Weekends mentioned except it has four 29mm mounts instead of four 24mm mounts. With the four square motor configuration the 4-29SS and Viper IV have you can fly on two or four motors which is a nice option. You said you want to cluster AP motors. This would cost more with the SS but you would have more motor choices than the Viper IV or III does. I have seen it fly well on two F50, G35, G38, G40, and G80 motors. It can fly on almost any combo of four (29mm) motors. If you have multiple reload casings you would have even more options, especially on the Vipers. BTW my avatar is my SS on two G35-7's. It is hard to see so I attatched a full size pic.

Back