Mid-West Power 15 Princeton Illinois

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockdoc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Mid-West Power 15 dates are: Friday November 3rd through Sunday November 5th.

We are currently planning and getting prepared for this years Mid-West power, which should be another good one.

Range is open all 3 days from: 9 am to 5 pm

Waiver all 3 days: 15K

Rails available: 1010, 1515, and Unistrut

Onsite Vendors: Wildman Hobbies,One Bad Hawk, MAC Performance

Onsite food vendor: Grandma Rosies

Banquet Saturday night at: Days Inn Princeton

Food Vendor for the Banquet: Grandma Rosies

Stay tuned for this post for additional details, as they become available.

Last edited:
Is Grandma Rosies the onsite food vendor from last year? They were really good! Also, I heard rumors last year that they were going to cater the banquet- is this true?

Already have the days off work- including Thursday to help set up the range.

Is Grandma Rosies the onsite food vendor from last year? They were really good! Also, I heard rumors last year that they were going to cater the banquet- is this true?

Already have the days off work- including Thursday to help set up the range.

Thanks Glen, always appreciate the help.

Yes they were, the best.

Not confirmed as of yet.

Looking forward to another great launch. :wave:

MWP has become one of the premier annual launches, and we always enjoy attending. :cheers:

Hoping you will continue with the Night Launch tradition.

I know some folks were discouraged by the "G motor/Class-1" limit for the night launch.
For us it's not a problem. ...and this year we have 1, maybe 2 new rockets.

In the photos below - took 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place Night Launch medals at NARAM59 a couple of weeks ago!

Last edited:
Looking forward to being full time RSO again. You can put me down for that early if you want.

Just remembered, my brother that goes with me to launches, is running a marathon on Saturday, November 4th. :(
The only other way I can think to go, is to ask a my birthday present from my parents, is to go to MWP.
So, it probably won't work out, but maybe it will.

Thanks,

It's official: Grandma Rosie's located in Princeton, will be catering the banquet Saturday night.

Hope everyone will be hungry.
YES!:p Hard to believe he's a former truck driver for my company who accomplished the dream of telling the boss off and, going off to create a super successful business.

Plus he and, his wife are truly great people who produce an excellent product at very reasonable cost.
Visit his brick and, mortar store down in Princeton some night and, get a Gyro! Or even the Strawberry Shortcake...I've never have been sooooo....stuffed at a rocket launch.

Thank-you QCRS!:eek:

YES!:p Hard to believe he's a former truck driver for my company who accomplished the dream of telling the boss off and, going off to create a super successful business.

Plus he and, his wife are truly great people who produce an excellent product at very reasonable cost.
Visit his brick and, mortar store down in Princeton some night and, get a Gyro! Or even the Strawberry Shortcake...I've never have been sooooo....stuffed at a rocket launch.

Thank-you QCRS!:eek:

Nice to see you will be smiling and rubbing your tummy Saturday night sonny.

Nice to see you will be smiling and rubbing your tummy Saturday night sonny.

Well, after almost dying of food poisoning from BAD bisquits and, gravy in Kansas a few years ago...I had sworn off ever eating at a rocket launch until Jason showed up at MWP.
That WAS NOT a fun 750 mile drive home....:mad:

THREE days till registration...Not, that anybody is counting. :rolleyes:

More importantly, soon everyone will be able to sign up for volunteer shifts. People- volunteer if you can! Even 1-2 hours as a pad manager can be really helpful.

More importantly, soon everyone will be able to sign up for volunteer shifts. People- volunteer if you can! Even 1-2 hours as a pad manager can be really helpful.

I'm planning a hilarious fun time "Rockin the Mic" for a shift or two :rolleyes: this year...
Pad manager is tooooo much exercise. Throwing funnies and, bolts of lightning to the pads is more fun!:dark:

Id be happy to volunteer will be their all 3 days, as long as not more then basic rocket knowledge is needed Id be glad to help.

I might be a few days late. Leaving for Argonia tomorrow evening. Won't be long now!

EandyL

^^^ Jealous, I am... I get to go on a long weekend vacation with the GF. I'm gonna miss the best weather in a while at the Rocket Pasture... :cry: :cry:
Next year I'm goin... I've only been saying that for four years :facepalm:
Heck, now I'm just hoping to get the four rockets I've been trying to finish up done. I guess I'll pick one or two and be happy.

Next year I'm goin... I've only been saying that for four years :facepalm:

Put it on our calendars for 2018... big WOOSH / QCRS showing at Argonia. Road trip with my friends.

But, back to this year's MWP. Among the festivities is the long awaited (and avoided) side bet rematch of 3" Wildmen from 2009. Reigning champion Gus defends his title with AT K700.

And to keep things interesting (and weird) is it will be done concurrently with the inaugural MWP sideburn contest. Open to ALL (assuming side-burn capable genes), judged by Sabrina. Must be identifiable as sideburns... no full beards (Rex), no 10-day stubble (Tim). We're talking fat Elvis, Wolverine, Burt Rutan stuff here. Game on.

And to keep things interesting (and weird) is it will be done concurrently with the inaugural MWP sideburn contest. Open to ALL (assuming side-burn capable genes), judged by Sabrina.

Sabrina is a pretty tough competitor- she may grow sideburns just to beat you.

Back