Mid-Power Shrockets!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Top 10 answers on the board; pick the ones you use/own

• Adept

• R-DAS ( AED )

• ALTAC (BlackSky)

• Transolve

• G-Wiz

• FCC-877 (WH Flight Systems)

• RRC2 series (Missile Works)

• Olsen FC-M2

• ARTS 1 & 2 ( Ozark Aerospace)

• PerfectFllight

• Adept

• R-DAS ( AED )

• ALTAC (BlackSky)

• Transolve

• G-Wiz

• FCC-877 (WH Flight Systems)

• RRC2 series (Missile Works)

• Olsen FC-M2

• ARTS 1 & 2 ( Ozark Aerospace)

• PerfectFllight

Results are only viewable after voting.

shrox

Reaction score
Stop talking so much about Jerry and talk more about me!!!

The new Shrockets will be based on a PNC-70 type nose cone, a scale up
of the PNC-55 I had previously used. The first shipment of cones
should be arriving from the East in a month, then a few weeks of
production after that. Ready by flying season I believe.

And they are sweet...mmm way cool boost glider...oohhhh...donuts...

shrox
www.shrox.com

Awesome! I'm always on the lookout for good 24mm kits. I missed the boat on some of yours last year thinking they'd just be around forever, y'know? Can't wait to see them.

Originally posted by shockwaveriderz
jerry who?

oh...

just jerry...

:D (some will understand that reference...)

He's talking about the one and only Jerry Irvine.

'nuf said. we *really* don't want to take TRF down that road. I've never personally met the man and have nothing against him, but he *is* rather crusty over on r.m.r.

jim

Jerry and I get along fine. I met him in March 2003 in San Diego at NARCON. It was raining by the time I went to go out and launch so I never did meet up with him again.

shrox

Originally posted by jflis
oh...

'nuf said. we *really* don't want to take TRF down that road. I've never personally met the man and have nothing against him, but he *is* rather crusty over on r.m.r.

Boy I'm with you 100% on that one!
Shorx: nuf to say your a very lucky man it was raining at that narcon;)

Welcome Shrox. I look forward to your new line of kits.

The rmr gang may think we are boring talking only about rockets, but we have fundoing it!

Hmmm... posting about rockets, what a concept!!

shockwaveriderz, just head on over to the old usenet news-group rec.models.rockets, and you can't help but quickly find 999,999,999,999,999^999999999999999999999 postings from Jerry :D

Usenet news groups were one of the ways people on the internet used to interact with one another on the internet (irc was another) before the world-wide-web began to grow.

I used to peruse usenet back in 1991 while I was still going to Cal Poly Pomona. I didn't start using the W.W.W. until late 1994 :). The internet, in its most primative form, first appeared in 1969 (year may not be exact) as the defence department's ARPANET. In the 80s it's use began to be picked up by the Universities. My first exposure to any part of the internet (although I didn't know thats what it was back then), was in 1989 to use Gopher :D

Heh, sorry bout the sudden unexpected history lesson though :eek:

Welcome, Shrox! We're glad you're here! I, for one, love the looks of your kits - I just haven't been able to convince my...well, let's call her the "Funds Allocation Minister"...to release the funds to purchase some of your wares, but I'm hoping that will change soon! No one has better uses for ping pong balls than you... Can't wait to see the new offerings!

Loopy

Welcome!

Now about that Star Shuttle.....ever going to re-issue that? or is it possible to purchase plans?

Boost glider....yessssss

What if the Star Shuttle had a long ogive nosecone rather than a long conical? The tail of the glider would still be conical.

shrox

Shrox,

I think your rocket designs are some of the best ever!!! Do you have RockSim files for the new stuff? I can help you out with these if you want. Tim just published my Fins on Fins, Pop Pod Boost Glider, and Side Pod Simulation articles.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

Hey Shrox!

Can't wait to see the new kits! I love my Stiletto! That thing SCREAMS off the pad on a E15! Best of all, when the motor casing popped out the back and the 'chute didn't deploy, it survived with only minor cosmetic damage! A very solid kit.

Originally posted by shrox
What if the Star Shuttle had a long ogive nosecone rather than a long conical? The tail of the glider would still be conical.

shrox

I think it'd still be an awesome rocket :) Gonna do one? hmmmm????

Originally posted by jflis
oh...

just jerry...

:D (some will understand that reference...)

jim

I used to hang out on rmr back in the "old days". I actually met Jerry at LDRS here in Colorado about 6-7 years ago. A REALLY nice guy in person. I really wondered if it was "Just Jerry" ... :)

But he was selling US Rockets stuff, so it musta been him.

lol

btw nice website. You dont have a shirt with just the alien on it do you?

Back