MicroMaxx Triple Threat.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketman248

Reaction score
I just finished the MicroMaxx version of the Fliskits Triple Threat saucer set. They are so cool.:) They are really small too. Here's some pics:

All three
Here's one to show scale
Odysseus
Athena
Persephone

I also just got the real Triple Threat kit that flies on 13mm motors, and the Pheord X150. I will post those once I get them built.

BTW, Jim, the BT-2 I ordered was for these saucers:)

Here's a pic of my favorite.

I just realized I didn't say anything about construction. The instructions call for 1/32" balsa for the fins. I didn't have any of that so I glued one side of each fin to two layers of cardstock. Then I cut out the other side of the fins while that dried.

Two questions. First, what do I use for a launch lug. I know the MicroMaxx rod is tiny. A standard 1/8" lug doesn't fit on most of these.

Second, do I need to put those wire things in? Are they needed for stability?

a couple of thing (and I probably need to put a note in our parts/body tube section...)

first, the BT2 is NOT a motor tube for MMX motors... (sorry). They are too small

second, no, you do not need the wires for stability. More for looks and to provide landing gear upon recovery.

can't wait to see the triple threat pix and the Pheord X-150!

would be interesting to see launch pix of these tiny things as well
jim

Nice job. I've got them printed out at work, but haven't had time to start working on them yet.

The ink tube of any ink pen works very well for launch lugs. Just make sure the ink is all gone first. ;) Messy, messy, messy... :D

I printed them out too... but I have no motor tube. Would someone mind sending me a short section of tubing?

Back