Micro to the MAXX at FlisKits!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by cydermaster
You've got us drooling like Pavlov's dogs, waiting for these kits, Jim ;)
Did you say <a href="https://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:mmpyxdybjoly~T1">Pavlov's Dog</a>s?

Originally posted by gpoehlein
And body tubes! Can't build these little rockets without the body tubes!

Greg (waiting anxiously!)

Bada-bing, bada-boom!

Our micromaxx body tubes are NOW AVAILABLE!

Check'em out!

BT-2
BT-2.5 (min diameter MMX motor tube size - equ to Totally Tubular T2+)
BT-3
BT-4
BT-5

In many different lengths!

Frustration is, our launch lugs have not arrived yet, so we are still waiting on the kits...

have fun!
jim

Originally posted by jflis
Our micromaxx body tubes are NOW AVAILABLE!

Oh boy - gonna have to start putting an order together now!!! :D

Greg

Micro to the Maxx! I like the sound of that.

Over the coming months you will see FlisKits moving away from the "Micromaxx®" terminology and more and more to the "Micro to the Maxx"TM terminology.

We are taking this step as the micro line of kits and parts is really beginning to take off and we wish to distinguish ourselves in the 6mm kit market. Many times we have encountered the argument or concern along the lines of "oh I have already tried those little things and they don't really work", etc, etc...

FlisKits MTTM model rocket kits DO really work and they work very well, thank you very much :) Those of you who have explored them know this. They are also fun to build and make great display models.

Over the past 8 weeks we have seen record sales in the MTTM area both in kits and parts (MMX motors too for that matter) and we are looking for this growth to continue. Introducing new people to what these micro rockets can really be like and helping to grow this segment of the hobby can only come to good.

I would like to thank everyone who has helped us in this growth. It was a risk when we first got into it and a very great expense. The first year saw low sales and very slow growth and we weathered it confident that the quality and variety would speak for itself. It has and we have many new designs on the horizon including:

- Nanite - slide wing rocket glider coming this Spring. Arrow straight flights to 80-100 feet and long flat glides.
- Teeny Triskelion
- Mud Wasp - sport model
- Bubble Burster (MTTM Richter Recker)
- and MORE

Keep watch and keep talking it up about Micro to the MAXX!

jim

I really like the mini deuce and TOG. I might have to get the full size TOG to compliment it :) I like "micro to the max" it matches flis kits "interesting" ( ;) ) style.

Ben

Originally posted by ben
I really like the mini deuce and TOG. I might have to get the full size TOG to compliment it :) I like "micro to the max" it matches flis kits "interesting" ( ;) ) style.

Ben

Well, the MTTM TOG *is* the full size TOG... :)

The "US" in the 24mm US TOG stands for "Up Scale" :D

jim

Do you think there would be enough demand to offer sheet styrene for use as fin stock? That's what ASP uses for some of their MMX kits.

What kind of streamer material? Mylar? Teflon?

Well, this is as good a thread as any to answer this question :)

After taking with Evil Ed and getting samples of his ability to make quality streamers, we have now officially converted to 1/2" X 12" plastic streamers provided by Hartle Eng. These high quality streamers will now be used in all of our Micro to the Maxx kits that require a streamer!

Thank you, Ed, for working with us and for your latest shipment. Some of our kits have been using some of the samples that Ed has sent for evaluation and these are in many different colors. The color we landed on was red and after a few more weeks, that's all you'll see.

We will also be offering a "streamer kit" which will include a number of streamers and a length of #16 Kevlar cord.

jim

After taking with Evil Ed and getting samples of his ability to make quality streamers, we have now officially converted to 1/2" X 12" plastic streamers provided by Hartle Eng. These high quality streamers will now be used in all of our Micro to the Maxx kits that require a streamer!

Thank you, Ed, for working with us and for your latest shipment. Some of our kits have been using some of the samples that Ed has sent for evaluation and these are in many different colors. The color we landed on was red and after a few more weeks, that's all you'll see.

We will also be offering a "streamer kit" which will include a number of streamers and a length of #16 Kevlar cord.

jim

Jim:
was there some reason you didn't consider Teflon tape streamer/wadding over plastic and wadding for your micros?

Truely I've found it's so much LESS of a hastle to use baby powdered Teflon tape over any mylar or plastic streamer material...and It saves having to use wadding as well;)
Military double thick teflon tape in muted colors is also very helpful tho it does add a bit more weight then Plain old white plumbers teflon tape. Just talc baby powder before the first fold/rolling and then re-powder after 5 or 6 flights. The streamer usually out lasts the model;)
Hope this helps.

jim

Jim:
was there some reason you didn't consider Teflon tape streamer/wadding over plastic and wadding for your micro kits?

Truely I've found it's so much LESS of a hastle to use baby powdered Teflon tape over any mylar or plastic streamer material...and It saves having to use wadding as well;) 1/4", 1/2" and 3/4" are my favorites for Micros, Green,Yellow,Red, Orange and White.
Military double thick teflon tape in muted colors is also very helpful tho it does add a bit more weight then Plain old white plumbers teflon tape. Just talc baby powder before the first fold/rolling and then re-powder after 5 or 6 flights. The streamer usually out lasts the model;)
Hope this helps.

Never really cared for the dull color of the Teflon tape (personal observation :) )

Would be easy enough to get that in house and offer it in small sections in the components section though...

Back