Micro Scissor-Wing Transport

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My latest micro downscale took a little alteration on some of the moving parts:) Finding a rubberband that could be used was a tiny pain but a 3/8" x 1/16" was finially located so the project could move forward. 1/32" and 1/16" basswood and plywoods were used along with 1/16" hardwood dowel and .050 carbon fibre rod. The body is T-3 Tubing (.375"). the bare model weighed in a 9.5g. after priming and painting she gained a little weight up to 11.1g of liftoff weight will be right around 12.3g. The Decals are drying in the back room so they will be applied sometime tomorrow.
Turned out pretty well I think and the glider balance point is right on target.about 3.43" from the rear. A few hand tosses last night in the yard produced a pretty fair glide. We'll have to see about the boost:D

Micro...
Wow! Unbelievably perfect. For those that build from micro to HPR, I'd think most would say that the smaller rockets are harder to build than the big ones, imho. I don't know if they make glasses strong enough for me to tackle that. ;)

Originally posted by jflis
Ditto what everyone else has said! LOL

Man, you *do* stretch the limits, that's for sure :)

IMHO, more like compress the limits…

Like coal is compressed into a diamond. Like that jewel of a boost glider…

/salute

Thanks for the kutos guys.

All decaled and futured ready to take to the air. Amazing what a couple of decal add to a model. Finished EWt: is 11.1g. Now I need a clear day to launch her:D

Very Nice! Will you be posting the plan to the Yahoo group? I have a BT-5 SWT but it might be fun to toy around with smaller ;)

Now I've seen everything! John, this is just incredible. Beautiful work.
Drew Tomko

Originally posted by SwingWing
Very Nice! Will you be posting the plan to the Yahoo group? I have a BT-5 SWT but it might be fun to toy around with smaller ;)

Swingwing:
I'm working on the plan alterations now. as most of the moving parts had to be revised to work with the various size/thickness materials used the direct downscale patterns didn't work at all. I'll be redrawing most of the wood parts in the next couple days. To answer your question You bet, I'll be posting the plan in the files section of the micromaxxrockets group as soon as it's completed:D
Heres a little larger pic of the model and pod with the wing open

Originally posted by Micromeister
Swingwing:
I'm working on the plan alterations now. as most of the moving parts had to be revised to work with the various size/thickness materials used the direct downscale patterns didn't work at all. I'll be redrawing most of the wood parts in the next couple days.
I ran into this with my upscale SWT's too. The choice of material thicknesses alters the height and size of the wing locking mechanisms on both ends of the wings. It adds up quick when there are so many pieces stacked up to make the pivot.

Swingwing and others:
I've completed the 1-page parts plans for this 2.6X downscale. the pdf file is located in the file section of the MicroMaxRockets yahoo group. Here's a 50dpi very condensed version for a sneak peek.

Back