Micro Missile Toe

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the latest addition to my Micro-Maxx fleet
Micro Missile Toe. This one was a blast to downscale and build. Used an Estes 5v plastic nose cone and BT-5 body. 1/16th inch Basswood fins and T3 "First Aid Compartment" I painted the BT pink first then warpped the body protion with real gauze. the original intent was to just highlight the wrap edges with a black paint pen but the paint migrated more than expected;( Still didn't look to bad so I left it as is. Alps printed decals and a little red Vinyl for the nail completed the project. Added a 1/2" x 12" long yellow teflon streamer/wadding on 30" of 70lb kevlar shock line. As has become a habbit with me lately I forgot the launch lug so added a 1/16" x 5/8" piece of black plastistruct tubing drilled out to .052". Worked great on .049" stainless launch rod on a MM-1 motor. the 7.4g LOwt model popped at about 65 feet, When I get to a little bigger field I'll stick a MM-II in her..

Is there any interest in Micro Maxx sized (BT-5) decals for Goonybirds? I can shrink all of my Goonys (Goony Max, Goonybird Zero, etc) to BT-5 and sell as a set, maybe 4-6 models in a set?

Phred

Latest posts

Back