Micro Maxx price

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darian Rachal

Reaction score
I was at Hobby Lobby this morning & saw an 8 pk. of Micro Maxx engines for $6.00. Is this the regular price for this item or a good price? I was tempted to get them, but wanted to check here first. Thanks. :)

That is about an average price...not bad. I have seen them from $5 or so mail order to $7.99 retail.

Carl

Keep an eye on Walmart after christmas. Last January, I found Micromaxx motors and D-12 motors there for $1.00 a pack!!

Haven't seen them there since.

Dollar a pack???? I gotta go there! My Mean Machine is starting to talk to me, it needs BP!

Funny you should mention Wallyworld:

In early November, I found a pack of Micro-motors in the clearance marked down to $1, so I snagged them.

A few weeks later, the clearance aisle is gone, and I find another pack of Micros thrown in with the ESTES stuff. I scanned it and it came up $5.99!! The best part, was that I sould see where a markdown sticker had been removed from the card... so these little buggers were marked down at one point, then marked back up!!

Just like "there's no crying in baseball"...Ther's no clearance aisle at Walmart during the Christmas season!

Ours has disappeared also...Walmart didn't get to where it is today by not using every retail trick known, and then some.

BTW, my nearest store has never had any micro maxx ANYTHING and only the -3's in the D size. Gotta grab a few more packs of those before they're gone too.

I have been to five Wmarts in Fort Worth & surrounding areas, and none of them have D's or MMX motors.

These motors have been gone for quite a while. I don't think Wmart is going to stock these anymore because they don't sell the rocket kits that use these motors.

I am going to have to start going to the local hobby shops for D's and pay $8-9 for a three-pack. Aaaccckkkk Hope you have better luck!

I don't know if you have Michael's Arts and Crafts there, but if you do, grab that 40% off coupon in the Sunday paper. They occasionally have some D's on the shelf here. I think they have a regular price around 11 bucks, but at 40% off that's only about 7.

At three of the local MJD's, I have personally cleaned all the D's and C11's off the shelves with those 40% coupons.
I seem to be the only one in Fort Worth buying?
The stores certainly are sloooooow about re-stocking.

Back