Micro-Maxx follow up

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for finding the clarification. The answer was just as expected based on previous discussions.

Very cool! MMX kits! I hope he does get this up and running with the kits. Quarks and mosquitos are just too big.

Micro,

Many thanks for the text file. 8)

I've not flown any of the Micro series, BUT have to admit since I don't have a full Estes Saturn V, this might be the only way I'll ever own one. lol

Looking forward to trying my hand at this scale, once I get the Argentina Orion 2 and Nike-Sandhawk finished.

Cheers my friend,

I wish I had pics of a model that a member of our club brought in.

A Saturn 1B with launch lugs for the tank tubes.

Getting an 8 engine cluster of Micro Maxx to fire might be a good trick!

Of course...that's about $10 worth of MMX motors....hmmmm!

sandman

wow that is tiny.....I cant get that much detial into bigger rockets. Ha, I dont have that much patience either.

Originally posted by sandman
I wish I had pics of a model that a member of our club brought in.

A Saturn 1B with launch lugs for the tank tubes.

Getting an 8 engine cluster of Micro Maxx to fire might be a good trick!

Of course...that's about $10 worth of MMX motors....hmmmm!

sandman

YES Sandman that would be neat to see! Did he need to use and 8 MMX cluster?

Back before the MM-II motors came out I designed a "full A" 8 motor cluster just for fun.. What a pain to get them all to light..(NO Flash pans) it was a QUICK Little devil even with only 6 lighting:) Here's a condenced plan page.

Micro,

Thats amazing !

I love the idea of a micro-cluster like that. Do you need to use a 12 volt system for the Micro engines ? Even for a single stage launch ?

Cheers,

Silverleaf:
For single motors the 9v silo launcher controller is ok, I don't use them unless converted for 12V, but lot's of folks do. All my Micro-Maxx launchers aare set up for a 12v gel-cell drop weather, single model base, towers, Relay, 6 position micro Rack (36" long) or custom Scale and/or special purpose launchers. All use standard micro-clips and bare 30 gage nichrome igniters I bend and cut while watching tv.
heres a pic of the rack.

John,

Now thats a mouthful: 8)

a 12v gel-cell drop weather, single model base, towers, Relay, 6 position micro Rack (36" long) or custom Scale and/or special purpose launchers.

Very cool though. I like the launcher and it looks like those rockets are lit up ?

Sweet !!

Wow, I'm learning so much from your Micro-Max threads here...something I never thought I'd be interested in, and boy, youve hooked me big time. 8)

Thanks and Cheers,

Originally posted by Silverleaf
John,

Now thats a mouthful: 8)

Yeah sorry, I'm truely the king of the runon sentence.. Expecially when I'm talking about something I'm heavily involved;)

If your really interested in all the different nuances tucked into these tiny packages may I invite you to join a bunch of us max'ers at the MicroMaxRockets yahoo group. once you sign up the files and photos sections is loaded with tons of info to make your building and flying of micro models more fun and enjoyable. Check it out at
https://groups.yahoo.com/group/MicroMaxRockets/
Hope to see ya there:D

John,

I joined Micro-Max a few days ago, after seeing your other thread on the subject. I've yet to peruse the files section over there, but certainly will do so.

Many thanks John. 8)

Back