Micro-max at Wal-mart?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scadaman29325

Catching up and tripping all over myself.
Reaction score
I've seen some Micro-max engines at Wal-mart, but I've never seen the Micro-max rocket kits.

Did they stop carrying them or is it just the stores I've been to don't stock them?

The motors went on clearence the other day for $2/pack. I got a couple of packs, I'm planning to retro fit some of the T motor rockets I have for use with MMX motors.

I have not seen MMX rockets at W-world (around north Texas) for years, literally.

And if they have discontinued carrying MMX rockets, then they also drop the motors. Sounds like you got lucky, finding some at a discount. It might be worth your while to cruise some more of your local W-world stores to look for some more?

I doubt they are going to re-stock.

Keep your eyes peeled, Quest should be letting the Old inventory RTF kits and starter sets loose pretty shortly, I've heard sometime in June. With Hobby Lobby getting the bluk of the 10 model/50 motor New launcher adaptor and New ignitor bulk sets in the 20 -22 dollar range. should be a great buy..comming soon.

Wal-mart carried them a few years ago and not any longer.

Quest still sells both the old motors (MicroMaxx-1 or MM-1) and the new motors (MicroMaxxII-1 or MMII-1) since Bill Stine has something on the order of a million of them in inventory. He is dumping the existing motors and plastic models in Super Value sets of 10 models and 50 motors and a standrad sized launch pad and regular 9 volt controller. The pad has an andapter to hold the micro rod, plug a QMX igniter in from the side and clip normal micro clips to it.

Deal of the Century. Buy 6 of them.

It was listed here a week or so ago and has disappeared (until they show up?):

https://www.hobbypeople.net/mfr/quest01.asp

I have seen the box in front of me. They will sell like mad.

Bill plans to make real kits that fly like Model Rockets in the near future. MicroMaxx lives!

Originally posted by scadaman29325
I've seen some Micro-max engines at Wal-mart, but I've never seen the Micro-max rocket kits.

Did they stop carrying them or is it just the stores I've been to don't stock them?

The motors went on clearence the other day for $2/pack. I got a couple of packs, I'm planning to retro fit some of the T motor rockets I have for use with MMX motors.

You seem to have an 'inside' contact to know about the 10/50 MMX package-
Can you give an update on when this might show up in the store?
(Just my luck, they will probably arrive while I am out of town on vacation.)

The only reason I know is that I was at the RCX show in Anaheim CA https://www.rcx.com/ and Bill Stine was there.

I was one of about a dozen SCRA (NAR 430) volunteers who helped staff the free Model Rocket Make-It & Take-It booth. Many shows have such give-aways and they are sponsored by a Model Rocket vendor - in this case Quest. The vendor gets lots of first hand publicity and also gets to hang some banners around the show (and there are frequent PA announcements). Bill had a small display set up in one corner of the very large building area and he conducted a few sales meetings with buyers for local chains. We did not participate in those meetings, but he did show us the box for the SVSS and described the contents, price and availability. Look for it arriving sometime in mid June was what we heard. It is on the computers at Hobby People (local chain), just not in stock when I called last week. You might also e-mail eHobbies to ask when they expect theirs.

As I said on the Yahoogroup:
Hobby people says they are Quest product number 5618 and Hobby People
number 818603. Retail $39.95 (I expect HP to discount that).

Folks across the USA should ask your local stores if they have
ordered them. If not, you should explain to them why they should.

Originally posted by powderburner
You seem to have an 'inside' contact to know about the 10/50 MMX package-
Can you give an update on when this might show up in the store?
(Just my luck, they will probably arrive while I am out of town on vacation.)

Latest posts

Back