Michiana Rocketry Mayhem - April 9th-11th, 2021

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAllen

Reaction score

Register for Michiana Rocketry Mayhem here.

Launch times Fri. 12pm to 5pm, Sat & Sun 9am to 5pm EST

Saturday Waiver to 16,000 FT, Friday & Sunday Waiver to 12,000 FT

3 Day Michiana Rocketry Madness 2021 Early Registration Fee of $30.00 Includes
•Catered on Field Banquet on Saturday Evening
(100 Tickets Available)
•Michiana Rocketry Mayhem 2021 T-Shirt

Multiple Vendors will be on site

LAUNCH EQUIPMENT

(8) Low Power Pads – 1/8” thru ¼” Rods

(8) Mid-Power Pads – 1010 (1”) Rails, 3/8” & ¼” Rods

(8) High-Power Pads – 1010 (1”) Rails

(2) Extreme High-Power Pads – 1515 (1.5”) Rails

Launched Powered by a Wilson/FX Wireless Controller

Sparkys – More the merrier! EX motors all 3 days!

Online Early Registration January 15, 2021 through March 21st 2021.
Late on filed registration $50.00 - May not include T-Shirt & Banquet

Banquet starts at 6 pm Saturday after the launch and is being held
at the Field.

From FB:

Just got some cool news…
Jason Turicik and Dave Barber from LOC Precision are gonna be at our Michiana Rocketry Mayhem 2021 launch in April.
They will have a small table setup and maybe have some awesome stuff to show us.

Jeff Barney is accepting preorders and Jason & Dave will deliver what they can fit, so get those orders in ASAP!!!

Just a quick reminder that there is less than 3 weeks of early registration for Michiana Rocketry Mayhem 2021 being held April 9th - 11th.

$30 early registration gets you a Michiana Rocketry Mayhem 2021 T-Shirt and a spot at our catered BBQ banquet Saturday after the launch! Limited spots are available!

Raffle on Saturday during the BBQ banquet, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to help local academic rocket teams!

3 Days of Rocketry Mayhem... 12K' on Friday and Sunday and 16K' on Saturday!

Several vendors will be on site for all your rocketry needs!

Click the link below for the registration page!
MICHIANA ROCKETRY MAYHEM 2021

Jerry Vida
President Michiana Rocketry

So this event will be my first launch event other than with my home club (Michigan Team-1). I'm curious about the logistics on the field. Is there a separate parking area and we haul our gear to an area where we set up the tents and tables, or do we park along the line where we set up our work areas (and sorta work out of the trunk)? I'm wondering about how mobile I need to stay with my gear.

So this event will be my first launch event other than with my home club (Michigan Team-1). I'm curious about the logistics on the field. Is there a separate parking area and we haul our gear to an area where we set up the tents and tables, or do we park along the line where we set up our work areas (and sorta work out of the trunk)? I'm wondering about how mobile I need to stay with my gear.
Parking is on the Launch Site, the road in parallels the creek. Pull your vehicle in and set up in front of or behind of your vechicle. See you there.

From the prez:

Hello Michiana Rocketry members, family and friends,
After considerable thought and deliberation, taking into account near and long term weather forecasts, BOD availability and potential field availability, the BOD has unanimously voted to go ahead with Mayhem for this weekend.
MAYHEM IS A GO!!!
Launch hours:
Friday April 9th - Noon to 5pm - 12K'
Saturday April 10th - 9am - 5pm - 16K'
Sunday April 11th - 9am to 5pm - 12K'
Registration will be open 1 hour prior to the scheduled launch hours!
If anyone has any questions please feel free to reach out!
Look forward to seeing you all this weekend!
Jerry

Thanks to this guy and his dog for finding my rocket and hanging on to it until I could get there 2.3 miles away. Winds at 15K were over 50 mph. The winds at 5K were 35 mph. Thanks to Sean for helping me get this flight racked and loaded. I have the full video of the flight. I just took some frame grabs for you to look at. This flight was on Saturday before the rain rolled in.

Snapshot - 15.png
Snapshot - 16.png
Touch Down

Snapshot - 18.png

Back