Micheal Jackson and Farrah Fawcett died!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben_ullman

Reaction score
Watching Nightly news now!

What a suprising day! Anyone else just a little suprised at Farrah's death but no Jacksons? They say cardiac arrest, im interested to hear more.

Ben

There has been no official statement at this time. Please wait until there is a statement before posting such things.

It could be a lot of things. TBH I think Michael Jackson might have been hiding some sort of drug addiction. With a life like that of a famous person some sometimes fall to drugs.

MysticalRockets - I'm watching MSNBC right now, the doctors believe that it was cardiac arrest.

LA Coroner confirmed Jackson's passing. Multiple reports of cardiac arrest.

I'll miss them both. I'm 47 and grew up with a poster of Farrah on my wall and an 8-track (and later a cassette) of Michaels in my boom box.

Thanks for the memories and RIP to both of you.

Love Bob

I think that the last time two celebs died on the same day, they were Frank Oz and Sammy Davis, Jr.

Shocking! The Thriller cd as good now as ever. RIP King of Pop!

Farrah is the original hot chick, RIP!

Well I have to say it was a sad day. I grew up with both of them (dang I feel old) I have like a dozen Micheal Jackson songs on my Ipod right now. and I remember haveing Farrah on my wall in the 80's

Ok. here goes. THIS IS A JOKE. SO RELAX LAUGH AT IT AND MOVE ON.:D

Farrah Fawcett passed away and is waiting at the pearly gates, St peter talks with her a bit, after a while he says, Basically you have led a wonderful life, is there anything we can do for you before I let you into heaven?

Farrah replies "Please just watch over the childern, and make sure they are safe" .... later that day Micheal Jackson has a heart attack... :y:

Serously. they will be missed. And I guess if you add Ed mcMayen (sp?) thats 3... Does anyone know why they go in threes all the time?

Last edited:
I too of that age. Never had the Farrah poster, though my best friend did. Haven't talked to him today, but I am certain he is sad for her death.

Jackson never meant much to me. He has three spots on my iPod (out of 10,000 songs). Billie Jean, Beat It and Thriller. Other than those I never cared for the bubble gum pop that he produced. Ah well, different tastes.

RIP both.

Well I have to say it was a sad day. I grew up with both of them (dang I feel old) I have like a dozen Micheal Jackson songs on my Ipod right now. and I remember haveing Farrah on my wall in the 80's

Ok. here goes. THIS IS A JOKE. SO RELAX LAUGH AT IT AND MOVE ON.:D

Farrah Fawcett passed away and is waiting at the pearly gates, St peter talks with her a bit, after a while he says, Basically you have led a wonderful life, is there anything we can do for you before I let you into heaven?

Farrah replies "Please just watch over the childern, and make sure they are safe" .... later that day Micheal Jackson has a heart attack... :y:

Serously. they will be missed. And I guess if you add Ed mcMayen (sp?) thats 3... Does anyone know why they go in threes all the time?

The Onion has a page dedicated to all of the articles they have done on MJ:

https://www.theonion.com/content/mj

Which gets more news coverage. A woman who fought a courageous battle with a disease, but lost the battle.

Or a pedophile-drug addict that dropped dead because of the drugs he took?

Yeah, and we're supposed to be the moral high ground in this country...

:confused2:

Which gets more news coverage. A woman who fought a courageous battle with a disease, but lost the battle.

Well yeah. I'm shocked that you're surprised. Michael Jackson was an international icon, the level of which may never be reached again while Farrah Fawcett was simply an actress.

And I'm no Michael Jackson apologist, and while his actions creeped me out a bit, it's important to note he was never once convicted of any wrong doing. In fact, I believe his second trial had a lot of holes in it- so many that it looked more like a setup to get some money out of him than anything.

But I digress. Jackson was known, and loved world wide. He's by far the best selling artist of all time, and the fact that his latest world tour was completely sold out proves he remained relevant even to this day. His music spanned the globe for, generations, literally.

Fawcett spent one season working on a hit TV show in the 70's and did a bunch of made for TV movies. While her loss is no less tragic, it's not going to receive the same level of attention as the loss of a guy like Michael Jackson. Honestly, I don't think anyone could have garnered the same attention he did had they passed away yesterday.

Fawcett spent one season working on a hit TV show in the 70's and did a bunch of made for TV movies. While her loss is no less tragic, it's not going to receive the same level of attention as the loss of a guy like Michael Jackson. Honestly, I don't think anyone could have garnered the same attention he did had they passed away yesterday.

Talking entertainment figures only, I think Elvis Presley's and John Lennon's passings certainly got the same or much more coverage, given they didn't have the nearly the media saturation we have today (CNN had been on air all of five months when Lennon was shot). You could compare to the coverage of Johnny Carson, but without the Facebook and Twitter. Still, indeed, MJ is the cultural icon and touchstone for at least a couple of generations. To me, though, he "died" 15-20 years ago when he became mostly a parody of himself, never mind what he may or may not have done wrong in the intervening years.

Micheal Jackson's death has brought about world wide harmony, it must have there is no other news.

Geez.
Less than 24 hours ago it was:

"There has been no official statement at this time. Please wait until there is a statement before posting such things."

You know something we don't?

I'm with this one!

Well yeah. I'm shocked that you're surprised. Michael Jackson was an international icon, the level of which may never be reached again while Farrah Fawcett was simply an actress.

And I'm no Michael Jackson apologist, and while his actions creeped me out a bit, it's important to note he was never once convicted of any wrong doing. In fact, I believe his second trial had a lot of holes in it- so many that it looked more like a setup to get some money out of him than anything.

But I digress. Jackson was known, and loved world wide. He's by far the best selling artist of all time, and the fact that his latest world tour was completely sold out proves he remained relevant even to this day. His music spanned the globe for, generations, literally.

And as far as this one goes

MONEY TALKS AND BS WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's keep this civil. This is going places it shouldn't. Lighten up guys.

I always feel so un-chic...

Other than the sadness caused to their respective families in their passing, I don't think either one is a terrible loss. Neither did much, that I am aware of, outside the circles of celebrity to better the world. Of course I feel this way about most celebrities.

Last edited:
I find harsh comments on these folks uncivil. I always belived judge not was a wise dictum to try to live by. I am sure their families grieve and I will leave any judgement to someone a lot smarter then me. I've never been much on entertainment figures but when Deforest Kelly went and James Doohan I was saddened as I am such a TOS fan.
Cheers
Fred

Latest posts

Back