MGM-140 Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbfrazier

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

While looking through the internet for a nice missile for my Level 1, 2 & 3 certification attempts, I found these incredible renderings for the MGM-140 in Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jeyhun85/albums/72157632355199098

MGM-140.JPGMGM-140_2.jpgMGM-140_3.jpg

So of course I asked Jeyhun Pashayev for the 3D Max Files. He was happy to share the 3D Max files with me.

I use SolidWorks for my work and purchased a subscription for 3D Max to convert the files to a format I could use within SolidWorks. I converted the 3D max files to STL files and imported them into SolidWorks. Now I have something to work with.

MGM-140_4.JPG

I've decided to created a 1/4 scale version for my 1st Level 1 attempt

Specs: (1/4 scale)

Diameter: 6.007" Public Missiles Phenolic Tubing (PT-6.0)

Total Length: 39.6212"

Nose Cone Length: 19.718" (Half the Rocket!)

The master for the nose cone will be turned by Sandman. He has done some wonderful parts for me before. From that, I'll create a fiberglass or silicone mold and either create a fiberglass nose cone or rotocast a polyurethane one.

I'll do the same for the boat tail. Within the boat tale, I'll have a scale graphite nozzle so I can insert a White Lighting motor deep inside to produce the beautiful exhaust.

MGM-140_5.JPG

I'll be posting on a weekly basis the progress of the build so stay tuned. If I get enough interest I might make say 10 or 20 extras.

See you soon!

Coyote Rocketry

With those tiny fins, your need a nice, heavy nose to get it stable, I think, although it also falls under the short-and-stubby rule. I'll be watching.

Back