METRA EX Oct 14 Cancelled!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDcluster

Reaction score
Due to schedule conflict with a MDRA Launch on the same weekend we have decided to cancel.
WE are working on a 2 day EX launch in a couple weeks.

JD

JD, thank you for the info......I did appreciate your efforts to help us all find the way with those wonderful flares you marked the access road with. ;-)

Keep mixing! We'll see you's soon.

Chuck and Wes

No, This weeks launch is a GO!
The following week we were suppose to have a EX/ Winter prep launch.

Looks like I'll be hanging out next week... building rockets ; not motors

JD

Originally posted by Planet Andy
JD,

Are you referring to Pine Island 11/06-07?

thanks,
Andy

Originally posted by Chuck Rudy
Ryan

You doing MDRA or you doing back yard statics? ;-)

Chuck

haha MDRA is too far for this time, and I might not even be able to go home, so even the backyard fun may be out :( ;) :p

Dang, this was going to be our first full-force EX launch. I have a lot of stuff ready to go.

Looks like I'll be static firing the 38-220 Pink tomorrow. I'll have plenty for next flying season!

Jeff,

I figure you mean 11/14, NOT 10/14? This is the second EX cancelled with no replacement. It seems the METRA guys took it upon themselves to cancel because they wanted to go to MDRA.

Seems a bit selfish to me.

-Rob

Yes, I did mean 11/14.

I didn't totally agree either , but it's a good choice since the people going do most of the set-up / Take down work.
Which would also leave us without an away cell launch rail....

What's so selfish about being able to fly without having to tear everything down & drag home 5 car batteries & 5 launch controllers & a trailer mounted launch rail ; in addition to your own rocket gear?

We have scheduled an EX launch for the following weekend on Nov 20 & 21..

JD

Originally posted by rbazinet
Jeff,

I figure you mean 11/14, NOT 10/14? This is the second EX cancelled with no replacement. It seems the METRA guys took it upon themselves to cancel because they wanted to go to MDRA.

Seems a bit selfish to me.

-Rob

Back