Methods of securing payload tubes to av-bays?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeltaFuturistics

Reaction score
I'm familiar with using plastic rivets for securing the payload tube to av-bays and I'm using them for my 1.6" DX3 but even after painting over them I'm not very happy with the way they look. What are other methods on securing the payload to the av bay?

I have copied the R/C crowd and used 4-40 T-nuts w/allen head cap screws. similar to mounting an alt to the av bay sled. I have an Arctic Wolf I can mod to fly motor deploy that way. I had to match drill the av bay and install T-nuts in that too. Ca the holes.

I have copied the R/C crowd and used 4-40 T-nuts w/allen head cap screws. similar to mounting an alt to the av bay sled. I have an Arctic Wolf I can mod to fly motor deploy that way. I had to match drill the av bay and install T-nuts in that too. Ca the holes.

+1 this method. The T-nuts are visible inside the upper and lower ends of the Av-Bay coupler, one of the screw holes is visible just above the "C" in Cherokee, the screws used are 8-32 button head cap screws since this rocket is 5.5" diameter. It has upper and lower payload bays attached in this manner to the Av-Bay (its a zipper-less design).

L3Build129.jpgL3Build155.jpg

Back