metal earth models

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built the Golden Gate bridge as a desk ornament for my architect daughter. It is supposed to be fairly easy, but it took me quite a while and I included many words of ill repute. :)

neil_w has the right of it; a good magnifier. Unless your eyes are like mine, then a REALLY good magnifier.:)

I really wish I'd gotten a decent set of tools like Pappy suggested.

Cut the tabs that hold each piece to the sheet, using a hobby knife. Score several times if necessary. Trim after removal. Be CERTAIN that you're NOT cutting through a tab that's supposed to go into a slot on another piece. I quickly became expert at doing this most wrongly.

CA (medium) for when that ritzen-fratzen part just won't stay in the right position.

But they are beautiful when assembled correctly!

Cut the tabs that hold each piece to the sheet, using a hobby knife. Score several times if necessary. Trim after removal. Be CERTAIN that you're NOT cutting through a tab that's supposed to go into a slot on another piece. I quickly became expert at doing this most wrongly.
Strongly recommend flush cutters for this purpose.

I really wish I'd gotten a decent set of tools

that would be a waste of a wish. i'm saving mine for healing all the sick, or x-ray vision that can see through fabric, still deciding. here's a decent cheap set of tools that even my arby's working a* can afford. just one example of many on amazon. save that wish, prfesser...

metaltools.JPG

For those interested in Mriya a Ukraine start up "Metal Time" is selling a model to help fund the aircrafts rebuild.
Read the article and the link is toward the bottom Metal Time. I can't attach a link for some reason.
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/antonov-an225-mriya-rebuild-2022/index.html

That... is an amazing model and a good cause. Saved for me to look at later.
Arrived today... complete surprise, no notification of shipping.

20230330_170929.jpg

Back