Message for any JMRC People

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncMikesRktShk

Reaction score
Oct 9th are we flying at MIS or Gumperts Farm?? IF were flying at Gumperts Farm Id like to "AIR" out my L2 Rocket :)

Mike,

It looks like the launch will be at Gumbert's Field but it is still not certain....waiting on the beans I believe! Should know in a week or so.

Mark :D

I am guessing that Gumberts field is bigger than MIS?
I think I just may have to attend.

Jim,

The site is actually quite a bit bigger than MIS with a 9000 ft waiver. It is M capable. I believe it was planted as a bean field, with some corn in places. If corn was indeed planted, it won't be completely harvested by the October launch. So bring a beeper if you have one. If you need directions they are on the website (www.jmrconline.org). Let m eknow if you have any questions or want any pictures of the site.

Mark Palmer

Thanks for the welcome...I lurk a lot and post a little!!! (BG).

Thanks for all of the positive feedback on the 9-11 launch. It was much appreciated (as were your pictures)!

Also...thanks for stickin up for my Daughter Emily over in the coffee house last week....I get tired of defending her "Snitch Habit" ;-)

I would say to look me up at the October launch...but...alas...I am unable to make it the launch. But hope to see you guys in November

Mark Palmer:D

Mark

Could you or one of the other JMRC memebers keep us posted on the launch here?

Thanks
Mike

Yeah,

I will be sure to update you. Roger spoke with the farmer (John Gumbert) this week about the field. The feeling is that the beans are drying out nicely and if there is no rain, they will be able to harvest them prio to the launch. HOWEVER...it is not yet definite that we will be there. Roger will check back with John next week and I will let you know the outcome as soon as plane are finalized. If I were a betting man, I would bet on the farm (note: NOT bet the farm) ;-)

In the past, John has worked the field around our schedule!

Mark Palmer :D

Just got the word...The beans will not be dry enough to harvest by next weekend :-(

So the JMRC October launch will be at MIS.

Mark Palmer

Hey Mark, I'll spread the word to the HUVARS folks.

Buzz

Sorry you can't make it!

Mark

Are there any Cell phone or other numbers you can PM me or some other HUVARS member in case of bad weather on Sat?

Just popping my head in here to say to 'Uncle Mike', I bought a Lune R-1 and Laser X repo kits from you on Ebay, and just wanted to say thanks, great kits, great service. Thanks!

Mark

Lugnut

Thank you very much. I hope to see you this weekend at MIS. If you show up look me up I will be bringing some interesting stuff to the launch.

Thanks again

Just an FYI...The Jackson launch WILL be this Saturday rain or shine. We have been extremely lucky over the past 3 years or so...we have found that there is seldom a day when we can't find a window of weather that will allow us to fly. We are known for "flying on will power" when the weather lets us down. We have flown through rain, snow, heat and bitter cold! Imagine a Ratt H70 in the snow, 9 degrees farenheit and a wind chill of 10 below....been there done that!

If by some some chance the launch is cancelled, it will be posted on the website. However, I believe that the set up crew will be at MIS on Saturday morning regardless of weather. If you have questions on Friday or on Saturday morning you can call either Roger Sadowski (517/262-0510) or Scott Miller (269/370-7929).

Alas I will not be available (or at the launch) as I will be travelling out of town :-(

Enjoy the launch...and let me know how it goes.....I will be thinking of you guys!

Mark Palmer
:)

I'd love to check it out, but I've gotta work Saturday afternoon. I could probably go as long as I get out of there by noon, 12:30 at the latest. Are they gonna start at 10 sharp, or maybe a little earlier?

I'm sorry but it looks like I will miss the last launch of the regular season.

I have my father-in-laws funeral Saturday.

As to your loss...I am truly sorry...It is never easy.

Again ....My condolences

Mark Palmer

Originally posted by JStarStar
I'd love to check it out, but I've gotta work Saturday afternoon. I could probably go as long as I get out of there by noon, 12:30 at the latest. Are they gonna start at 10 sharp, or maybe a little earlier?

Unfortunately the launch will not start until 10:00 am sharp. That's when the FAA waiver opens. The pads are usually set up and waiting just before !0:00 am. It all depends on the number of fliers that are there to assist with the set up.

Mark Palmer:cool:

J
I hope you make it out there, I would love to meet you in person!! Look for me I will be hocking my wares in a big green tent:)

Originally posted by JStarStar

Back