Merry Christmas to all!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Austin

May your stockings be stuffed with rocket goodies and your tree covered with kits!

Have a great and blessed day!

Carl

I got a $100 gift card to Border's.
A nice golf shirt and golf glove.
Two DVD's: Dungeons and Dragons and Pearl Harbor.
And time with my entire family, parents, siblings, and nephews and niece.

A great Christmas if I do say so myself.

I have to shower great praise on my mother-in-law. She lives on the East coast and we live on the West. On Christmas Eve, a package arrived from her and it was...a PML Bullpuppy!!!!! Not kidding. This from a woman who didn't even know rockets existed. She went with me and my wife when we travelled to Countdown Hobbies in CT a month or so ago. Apparently she noticed the rocketry bug had hit me pretty hard and she later returned to get the rocket I lusted after in the store (the Bullpuppy). Through a lot of help from the owner, she picked it out. Wasn't that incredibly cool of her? The mental picture of my mother-in-law buying a big rocket and asking all those questions just cracks me up. What a great lady. And I didn't think she liked me...

And my wife was wonderful enough to hand me a Quest Nike Smoke kit and a boxful of motors! Of course all of this is because my son (who is 4) is learning about rockets, so it's all "educational..." (shhhhhhhhh. Don't tell her it's for ME).

And ok, I'll leave the best for last. my BOSS (yeah, my actual "boss", like as in your boss at work) got me an Estes Saturn V anniversary edition. I swear. I almost fainted. I'm still recovering. Have you guys seen this thing? Building it looks harder than Chinese math. He said he wants to see it go when I'm done. Apparently he was big into rockets as a kid and misses it but has more money than time. The rocket now sits on the alter...

Ahem..., I mean the work table... in the garage.

I sit up at night and just look at all those tiny parts and feeeeeeeel the styrene moldings. Shhhhhhh, you can HEAR the fins aching to be airborne.

I need nothing else. I am now self-actualized.

Wow, Marc. That's fantastic! I wish my family would buy me rocket stuff. My wife wants nothing to do with rockets. She doesn't even want to hear about rockets. Maybe someday she'll come around. ;)

By the way, I just bought your "Stardust Cowboy" CD a few weeks ago. I really like it. Make sure you let me know if you ever make it to the North Carolina area. I'd love to meet you and catch one of your shows.

Oh man, sorry to hear that your wife isn't into the rocket thing. I'm lucky, though she's not exactly overjoyed at the whole idea. Around here (in Southern California) all the good launches are wayyyyy out in the remote desert and it's a haul to get out there- especially with kids. By the time you get there, everybody's burned out! But she is supportive enough to buy a rocket here and there. So I gotta love her for that.

Glad you liked the CD! That's always nice to hear. There are rumors that I'll be on several legs of Dwight Yoakam's tour again next year. That starts in Feb. Hopefully N.C. will be a stop. I'll keep you posted and I'll be sure to comp you some passes when we come through. I usually bring a couple of rockets with me on the tours in case we have an opportunity to be out in the middle of nowhere (which we often do). In the mean time, keep 'em flying!

Marc!!! That is what I call a great Christmas... :)

Well, my wife asked what everyone can get me from Christmas and my Birthday. I logically said rockets. I got the expected "%*#$& No!!!" answer. :(

That would be cool if you were in the Winston, Greensboro area on tour. We could plan a launch specifically for you... :)

Didn't get anything rocket-related this year [but I did get a couple of R/C BattleBots...wicked cool!]. My girlfriend thinks this hobby is cool from a casual observer standpoint. After the Labor Day launch in Orangeburg, she was asking me how soon I could get my level 1 cert. Anyways, if she knew where to shop around, she might have gotten me a gift certificate somewhere. Last year, I got a gift certificate at my favourite record shop.

Marclee, I remember Countdown Hobbies back when it operated out of the 9 foot wide shop two doors down from his present location. Kevin Nolan has always been one of the friendliest dealers I've ever known.

Thanks for your offer, Phil. I would LOVE to come through and have a launch. My band guys are not quite into rockets like I am. They basically think I'm a bit nuts. It's always funny when we show up for a gig (typically we get into town early on the day of a show) and instead of scoping out the venue, i scope out the area to see if it would be a good launch site- hahahaha. Backstage I'm usually reading "Sport Rocketry" or checking out what you guys are talking about on the forum here. They laugh. It's like, "Can you hold curtains for 3 minutes, I want to finish this article on fiberglassing body tubes..."

And hey Gothique_97, sounds like your girlfriend is open to your hobby. Already asking about level 1 certification...might have to bring her home to mom. Haha.

PS- Yes, Kevin is the guy who helped my mother-in-law pick out the Bullpuppy! He gets some major kudos for that.

Marc:p

Back