"MENACE 442"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike2wander

MAC Performance Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The 4" MENACE 442 kits are ready to release. They go on the website tomorrow.
www.macperformancerocketry.com

upload_2019-6-24_22-17-16.png
MENACE 442 (2).jpg

All the info is on the website. Please see 1st post. I'll try to get it posted here also.

Here it is.

macperformancerocketry.com

What's In Your Rocket?
4” MENACE 442
Specifications:

Dual Deploy (HED)
Length: 47.5 inches
Motor Mount: 54mm
Approximate Weight: 4 lbs (Includes retainer, Kevlar bridles & hardware)
H through K motors

Contents of Kit:

28" canvas phenolic airframe
54mm x 10" kraft phenolic motor tube
4:1 Wildman FWFG-VK nosecone -- 17" exposed
(4) 1/8" canvas phenolic beveled fins
3/8" fore center ring
3/16” stepped canvas thrust ring
3/8" tubular Kevlar booster bridle
FastBack 54 motor retainer
Avbay includes: s/s eye nuts, aluminum threaded rods, 3-D printed altimeter board, switch band and all necessary hardware

FLY CANVAS!
Cost: $199.00

I built and flew the WM 4" Menace at URRF. Oh, man... I love this kit. Small enough to fly on the cheap as single deploy, big enough to go for altitude. We spent some time comparing the canvas and Fiberglass versions, and they're both great. Very straightforward build, very nice lines, very open to various paint jobs, but the "stock" decal set really pops no matter the paint job. Very versatile flying on this one, good for just about any conditions you can throw at it. The K550 hit 7788', with just a bit of angle. 1.5/2.0g in the HED nosecone packed with a Recon 40 and 2.0/2.5g in the body for drogue.
Love this kit, it'll fly at every launch I can get to!

I built and flew the WM 4" Menace at URRF. Oh, man... I love this kit. Small enough to fly on the cheap as single deploy, big enough to go for altitude. We spent some time comparing the canvas and Fiberglass versions, and they're both great. Very straightforward build, very nice lines, very open to various paint jobs, but the "stock" decal set really pops no matter the paint job. Very versatile flying on this one, good for just about any conditions you can throw at it. The K550 hit 7788', with just a bit of angle. 1.5/2.0g in the HED nosecone packed with a Recon 40 and 2.0/2.5g in the body for drogue.
Love this kit, it'll fly at every launch I can get to!

Was that your reward for sanding the big one ?

Yeah, Eric didn't like my "Ooh, you got a baby Menace" comment! :D

But, considering this is a 4" kit, and the biggie has a 4" (98mm) hole in it, it could have easily birthed it!

Joking aside, it is a very sweet looking kit. Mike & Tim should be proud!

Yeah, Eric didn't like my "Ooh, you got a baby Menace" comment! :D

But, considering this is a 4" kit, and the biggie has a 4" (98mm) hole in it, it could have easily birthed it!

Joking aside, it is a very sweet looking kit. Mike & Tim should be proud!
I now have visions of rockets being birthed. Oddly... I'm not entirely put off by the vision.
Whoa.
Whoa there.
Next topic...

Cool rockets!

Ready to fly the 4" Menace 442 at Tripoli Wisconsin tomorrow (Bong)... We're gonna see how she does at the swamp in high summer. Winds will really determine motor selection... Gotta keep it on the fairway!
Here we go...
MVIMG_20190619_163608~2.jpeg

Got to see Eric's Menace at the Bong launch great looking rocket. Would make a great L-1 and L-2 rocket. It was the Wildman Menace.

Last edited:
Glad to see it fly on video if not at URRF 6. Thats a lot of performance in a 4 inch rocket with a 2gr 54. I love to be able to see the apogee event. Great value. Altitude junkies can pump it up if that's your mission

Back