"Men Into Space" XMP-13 reproduction color scheme help needed please

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vitruvius

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello to all! At the age of 66.5 and recovering from an emergency Triple-Bypass, I've decided that it's high time to get going on my "Bucket List". What help I am needing from members, please, is to find the color scheme of the Atlas" based booster of the Rocketship XMP-13. The manned stage is silver w/ Air Force markings, but due to everything being in Black and White, I can't tell what color the booster stripes are. I am hoping to make a 1/73 scale model of it to fly. I have the plans for the Mercury Atlas booster from the book "The Art of Scale Model Rocketry" which I will use to build the booster. I just need the "Men Into Space" Booster color scheme. I know that the show's "Moon ship" as seen in the few color shots of the Moon Landing ship in promo pictures are silver and International Orange. The "Atlas" booster, however seems to have more colors than Orange and Silver....I just can't tell what they are! Any help the members could give would be very much appreciated as I haven't been able to find any color photos myself. Thanks in advance to all! Cheers! Larry

Hi, Aerostadt! OMG!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU, Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You! Thank YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is JUST the info that I need!!!!!!!!!!! You are, so to speak a Life Saver!!!! I owe You BIG time for this!!!!!! YAHOO!!!!! Now I can build my "Dream Ship"!!!! Cheers and THANKS again, Larry

Back