Memorial Day

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kermie

Thanx from an ex sailor for reminding us all what Memorial Day is all about.

Al Gloer
USCG 1979-1989

Thanks to all of the men and women who have served our country. You are what makes this country great!

Amen. What a great link. Every Memorial Day I make it a point to watch one of the great movies that highlight a level of sacrifice and honor I'll never be able to understand. Started watching Band of Brothers (again) last night. Can't help but feel that something's changed between then and now. Then, people clearly understood the reality of evil, where it lay, and the need to persevere whatever the cost. Today...well...we'll keep this apolitical...the difference is self-evident.

Don't forget the 60th anniversary of D-Day June 6. 4500 allied troops died that day alone on the way to liberating our friends in Europe.

Tnx for sharing the link Kermie. It really nails the patriotism of our armed forces. The sad thing is, that we need to send our loved ones to do battle at all. Maybe someday...

Thanks for the link, Kermie. Admidst all the hubbub of sales, bbq's, and days-off-work, it helps to be reminded of what the day is all about.

On a separate note, my wife loved the music from that presentation. Anybody know what it was from?

WW

Originally posted by wwattles

On a separate note, my wife loved the music from that presentation. Anybody know what it was from?

WW

Soundtrack from the movie "Glory"

Back