Memorial Day

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Titan II

Reaction score
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."

General George S. Patton

tmacklin

Reaction score
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Jesus Christ, John 15:13 KJV

Steve Shannon

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This image was hung from my office wall for years.

Memorial Day is sad occasion for me.
I think it should be for all of us, but for those who have lost friends in combat it's even more personal. Thanks to those who served.

[emoji1010] Steve Shannon [emoji1010]

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
I'm thankful that my father, his best friend, my uncle, and another dear friend of mine all survived WWII and/or Viet Nam. Two of those four are dead now, but they died at home years later.

TALON

Reaction score
How do you greet someone on Memorial Day? Happy Memorial Day doesn't feel right.

Onebadhawk

Sponsor
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Thank you deeply to all who have served....

Teddy

Cabernut

Reaction score
I was watching real combat videos last night. It takes big cojones to run into enemy fire, man!

Thanks to all who serve, currently and in the past. Wether it's in a firefight overseas, or on base at home. Thank you all!

In fact, on the long drive to NYPower, I was telling my son all about Memorial Day and it's significance. I started all the way back at the Revolutionary War and went forward in time, explaining each war as well as I could remember. I want him to understand that we can't let our guard down as a nation(both US & Canada) as there will be new threats to come, if history is any lesson.