• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Mega Der Red Max - Pro Series II - Estes Model Rockets - As New - Unopened

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet you’ll make good on this since they’ve been out of production for a good while. Bought one myself a few years back... or actually my wife got it for me for Christmas

48$ shipping? You have lost ya mind!!

It's coming from Canada, so that's likely in $C, which is about $37 USD.....if you assume that it's well packed in a cardboard box with lots of padding and insurance (all of which I would expect on a purchase of this financial magnitude), that's probably a bargain. The box is likely $8, tape $3, insurance probably 10-15% of the overall shipping expense......a third of the shipping expense is supplies and insurance.

Someone looking to pay a premium for this particular kit won't bat an eye at that shipping cost, especially if they've purchased it for 'collection' purposes and intend to keep it unopened. Not my thing, but people collect mint, in package, unopened things of all sorts.

As an academic exercise, try the postage in reverse, US to Canada.......the price is often double or more!

48$ shipping? You have lost ya mind!!

It's Canadian, but otherwise, yes, it's stupid high.
That's one of the way people get tripped up on eBay: reasonably priced item + exorbitant shipping and handling fees.
I've seen items listed for $0.99 + with small print shipping cost of $59.99+.

Someone looking to pay a premium for this particular kit won't bat an eye at that shipping cost, especially if they've purchased it for 'collection' purposes and intend to keep it unopened.

That's one concept to which I could never relate - "collecting" baggies of rocket parts for the sake of keeping them on the shelve.
I know people do that, with many items, but I just find the whole concept super-nutty.

To each his own, I suppose.

It's Canadian, but otherwise, yes, it's stupid high.
That's one of the way people get tripped up on eBay: reasonably priced item + exorbitant shipping and handling fees.
I've seen items listed for $0.99 + with small print shipping cost of $59.99+.

That's one concept to which I could never relate - "collecting" baggies of rocket parts for the sake of keeping them on the shelve.
I know people do that, with many items, but I just find the whole concept super-nutty.

To each his own, I suppose.

Most folks sort by "Lowest Price First".....so the $.99 with $59 shipping listings get seen first and hook the rushed impulse buyer. Caveat Emptor.

Same behavior from back in the day of the Yellow Pages.....how many AAAAAAAAA Jonny the Plumber listings were there?

And last I checked, no one was forced to bid on it, but by doing so you accept the terms.

I opened mine over the week-end.

I was saving it, but decided this is the "occasion" to open & build it. And I , also, am not one to 'save it to fund my retirement'.. (I figure $300US is about as high it'll get)

But on the shipping front: that's about right... snail-mail is the cheapest option to cross an international border. UPS is the worst!!

Don’t forget... Estes has “re-released” this bad boy. Not sure if it’s the same dimensions as the original but it might change peoples thoughts on original Rockets. I found a original Partizon in a small hobby shop / sewing shop my wife dragged me in not far from here (Bixby, OK) - bought for sale price of $15. Built and flown.

Last edited:
Don’t forget... Estes has “re-released” this bad boy. Not sure if it’s the same dimensions as the original but it might change peoples thoughts on original Rockets. I found a original Partizon in a small hobby shop / sewing shop my wife drug me in not far from here (Bixby, OK) - bought for sale price of $15. Built and flown.
Unfortunately not. The new release is a 3" dia. airframe. But, Estes does sell the NC and body tube separately, although the NC is currently out of stock. Estes did promise more NC's will be produced.

Unfortunately not. The new release is a 3" dia. airframe. But, Estes does sell the NC and body tube separately, although the NC is currently out of stock. Estes did promise more NC's will be produced.
I figured dimensions would be different. I bought the VanderBurn a while back - it’s correct scale I think. I know he’s waiting on nose cones to make more kits. I will probably pull the trigger on the new one once it’s out jyst to check it out.

why not just sell it on here than eBay? I'm sure you would get a lot more takers. As far as paying $200 I guess that's whatever someone is willing to pay for it. I'm sure the kit could be cloned, but might cost you just as much especially if you are unable to get a nose cone and would have to rely on someone turning a balsa nose cone, which actually would be kind of cool. I have a FAT CAT F-104, which is a rare kit but I would never try to sell it for $300 because I doubt anyone would buy it?

I have the original decals I didn’t use for this kit. &100.00😁😁😁
Kidding. You can have them for free.

True Story. I was building the MDRM with my son, and destroyed the big decal trying to put it on (you know, the old waterslide "Oh, there's a fold in the decal; I can fix that. Ooops, now there's a small rip in the decal, I can fix that. Ooops, now I've made a mess, but I think I can fix it. Ooops, let's just wash this off here..."). I called Estes to see if I could buy a replacement decal; the very nice woman on the other end of the phone was sympathetic, and said "I'll get a replacement in the mail for you. What's your address?". A week later, I received a box containing...a brand-new MDRM kit. I was astonished.

Back