Meet Mr. Ping!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashinj

Reaction score
:D Hey Guys! Meet Mr Ping of the Pong Family....:rolleyes: Yep your saying CrashinJ has crashed one to many times. Actually I'm cleaning this room up but keep getting sidetracked!

:) Let me tell you about Mr. Ping, if you have not figured it out yet, its a ping pong ball. The body is about 2.5" of soda straw ( actually in final form will be T2 body tube!). There are 4 fins each about 1 x 1/2". Recovery is tumble, and were talking Tumble Recovery here.;) Oh, were talking MicroMaxx here!

Have I lost it? Should I keep going or trash this idea? What would you do to improve this silly design?

Ok, I better get back to cleaning up this room before my wife finds me playing, or those lil men in white coats come knocking on the door...hmm, now who is at the door? LOL

:p CrashinJ

Figures, I'd forget something, its all the knocking on the front door that made me do it.

CrashinJ:rolleyes:

thats a pretty cool little rocket.
I was wondering about the CG/CP too.

ROTFLMAO!!!!

crashinj, that is AWESOME!! I'm thinking I'll build a fleet of them! Send me plans, would you?

Jason

Ah Ha! Crashinj:
I love it! reminds me of the styrofoam "sputniks" which work So well, Even in micro size. see:D

How about powered paddles Dick? sorta like zig, zag zog, it'd be ping! Ping! PONG! as the ball tags the RSO:)

Great job... What's next Crashinj?

nice man, just make sure the ejction charge doesn't hit the ping pong ball...they are really flammable. Ever lit a ping pong ball on fire?

I once heard of someone melting them in acetone and covering igniters with it

Oof. Good thinkin' Ryan. Make sure that ejection charge doesn't hit the ping pong ball. Ping pong balls are made of nitrocellulose. Very flammable stuff.

It would be fun to try something like that, except use one of those styrofoam "76" balls or even better, A JACK BALL!:D

Well, I'm glad everyone likes Mr Ping, I'll get started on building him soon.

There are no plans just something I created my orgional idea was something like one of the old styrofoam "sputniks" but I kinda got side tracked.

As where the cp/cg points are, I have no idea, I can sim it out so it will be a try it and see if it flys deal.

I'll make sure I put a barrier between the end of the body tube and the pingpong ball. I didn't know they catch fire real easy, thanks for the warning.

Should I keep the fins shaped like a rectangle like they are now, or should I make them a triangle shape? Any thoughts?

Ya know I was looking at a package of gum today at work......Naw!

CrashinJ

I like the idea squrriel is saying about painting paddles on the fins.

Back