me sick

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunward

At Mad Rocket Basement
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
nothing like a bad cold to keep one down.

Past day and half, just getting worse. Went to the doctor this morning, and I have a cold. Rest, plenty of liquids, take 2 Tylenol, and call me if it gets worse cold. Did ask me if I needed a doctor's note for my employer!

I hate I can't do anything and can't concentrate. Asleep half the time and the other half can't rest as I am bored.

Past day and half, just getting worse. Went to the doctor this morning, and I have a cold. Rest, plenty of liquids, take 2 Tylenol, and call me if it gets worse cold. Did ask me if I needed a doctor's note for my employer!

I hate I can't do anything and can't concentrate. Asleep half the time and the other half can't rest as I am bored.
Same except its not kicking my petute hard enough to get me home from work. Just means I do very little there:) Hope you feel better shortly:)
Cheers
fred

Get well soon.
You have to hate that feeling between too sick to stay awake and well enough to do "something". :caffeine:
My :2: Google "Hot Toddy Recipe" pick one that sounds good. Take 2 and call your doctor in the morning and say "I feel great!"
:cheers:

I know how you feel. Getting sick sucks, plain and simple!!!

I just got over a really bad cold myself. It started with a fever of 101 degrees F which lasted for about 2 days (BTW - don't use Equate Day Time - the Wal-Mart equivalent of Vicks DayQuil - that stuff was absolutely useless - thank God for NyQuil) then I ended up with a terrible sore throat that lasted about 3-4 days and then I ended up with a cough that was like the uninvited guest that refused to leave.

After about 2 - 2 1/2 weeks I can say that its finally gone at last!!!

I hope you feel better soon.:)

Sorry to hear your sick. I've noticed where I live there seems to be a lot less people getting colds and flu this winter. I wonder if it could have anything to do with the anti-infection measures promoted to fight the H1N1(hand-washing etc.).
My favorite cold remedy is Neo-citran with a splash of rye whisky. It doesn't cure the cold but after a while you don't care. Ted;)

Sorry to hear your sick. I've noticed where I live there seems to be a lot less people getting colds and flu this winter. I wonder if it could have anything to do with the anti-infection measures promoted to fight the H1N1(hand-washing etc.)....
This is actually my first cold in a while. Maybe the Purell does help. ( even have it when I go to public events like ihobby)

I do feel better. Bad cough but the Robitussin is making life bearable. Just lost 2 days of work and now even more behind. Did a couple of errands today and hope to start doing some work on Saturday.

It will take a whole lot more than a little VURI to keep that man down! :clap:

Glad to hear that you are on the mend.

MarkII

At least it's "just" a cold. I woke up at 4 AM and sprinted to the bathroom and it's a good thing the sink is close to the throne. I leave it to your imagination as to why I needed both:p

21 hours later and I'm just starting to feel better.

Old Russian remedy, told to me by an old Russian:D

One cup of raspberries (red or black), two tablespoons honey.
Mix and mash berries in a small sauce pan. Heat until almost boiling.

Goes great after the chcken soup!

Cold is gone, and up and about. I do have a fever on and off and a bad deep cough. Robitussin and Hall's is taking care of that.

Just don't feel like doing anything. No energy.

Back