MDRA---the Return to Higgs Farm

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-Dog

RatDog Rocketry
Reaction score
The dates are up on the club website(sort of)...so..it is officially, official.

MDRA @ Higgs Farm dates (so far):

Nov --->16th/17th (sat/sun)
Dec --->14th/15th (sat/sun)

Launch times generally run about 9 AM to 4 PM-ish on both Saturdays and Sundays, weather permitting of course. etc ...etc...etc.

https://mdrocketry.org

Great! I was just checking the calendar, looking forward to getting back to Higgs Farm, I'll be there one of those weekends.

Sorry Glenn I didn't see you already started a thread on this, I advised the MOD they can delete my thread.

As for HIGGS!! its Super Cool, I'm shooting for Nov 16/17

Engineering is hard :p
I have my own lathe now and I hope to fly some 18mm EX motors in December. Depending on how much time I get I may be able to fly them at the first battlepark launch.
I'd like to see one of those!

I'd like to see one of those!
314419-7588e63a21eb9b7f8c6a271bf035e283.jpg

Here you go. Forward closures are finalized as well. Still need to make some steel nozzles for myself and work on making graphite nozzles to sell.

I am so glad to say that Sandy and I are most definitely going to be at the Higgs launch..
We'll be there for the day on Saturday only..
It's always so exciting going back to Higgs with MDRA..
What a great field, what a great club..
Always such a sweet launch with the MDRA crew,,
always such great hospitality from Tommy Higgs..

We'll see you all on Saturday.. ( Can't wait, lol..)

Teddy

I just checked the weather..
A bit cold, but still beautiful...
It's gonna be some launch...

Clear skies and sunny, but we'll be watching the wind. May hit 16 MPH. Dress warmly!

Wind forecast looks bad, especially Saturday. Just cancelled my hotel reservation.

I flew my Formula 150 to 6600 ft on a L1365 Metalstorm today (75mm AT motor in CTI hardware). That was the first time I'd seen a Metalstorm. Pretty cool, it's a sparky motor but with white smoke instead of gray smoke like a Skidmark. Perfect flight, but it landed in the gravel quarry property which is off limits. I eventually recovered it a couple of hours later after the wind dragged it about 200 yards to near the road.

Anything left of PDII? Couldn't tell from the brief shot in the video...

Yes, two pieces in fact. :) I started inspecting it last night, I think it will be repairable, but there was significant structural damage that will be challenging to fix. Basically it came nearly completely apart at the rear shroud. Beyond that, both halves are intact and relatively undamaged. I think I will do something like:

• clean up and removed damaged areas
  • remove broken centring ring
  • install couplers and new tubes for reinforcement
  • install two new centering rings
  • carefully slip it all back together
  • Cosmetic repair.
I'll update the PDII XL thread with photos in the near future.

What a wonderful time back at Higgs..
No surprise there..
MDRA just puts on a launch that's second to none..
We had a blast talking to people we just don't see often enough
and watching all of the cool flights..
Thank you all so much again..

Teddy

What a wonderful time back at Higgs..
No surprise there..
MDRA just puts on a launch that's second to none..
We had a blast talking to people we just don't see often enough
and watching all of the cool flights..
Thank you all so much again..

Teddy
And thanks for the NO HAZMAT shipping for my L and M motors. (NO HAZMAT shipping is when Teddy and Sandy hand you the motors you just bought.) :D

And thanks for the NO HAZMAT shipping for my L and M motors. (NO HAZMAT shipping is when Teddy and Sandy hand you the motors you just bought.) :D

Ha,,
Tat's pretty funny John..
I've never been a fan of shipping charges,,
Haz mat even less..

It sure was nice seeing all of you southerners again anyway,, lol..

Teddy

Back