MDRA Robert DeHate Full Scale Patriot Launch Pics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
From August 20, 2016, this is the full-scale Patriot missile designed by Robert DeHate of AMW-ProX, and built by Robert, Gloria and Tom Cohen. It launched to about 1000' on a CTI Pro98 M6400.

There will be four posts in all.

IMG_1667.jpgIMG_1668.jpgIMG_1669.jpgIMG_1670.jpgIMG_1671.jpgIMG_1672.jpgIMG_1673.jpgIMG_1674.jpgIMG_1675.jpgIMG_1676.jpg

Tom will know. Give him time to get back to PA. The NC had its own chute, but I didn't get any shots of it.

Wow,,
That looks like it was some flight...
Glad it went great for you all..
I sure wish I had been there to see that one...

Teddy

The fins on Robert's are definitely thicker and not airfoiled the same. But I think they are the right height and width. But I don't know for sure.

Ok that matches my pictures i took at white sands, but that's ok, its more of a full scale with estes 2056 patriot style fins but that's certainly ok, that helps avoid nose weight and adds stability...

Frank

I saw it at NYPOWER 20. Massive! I asked my 8 year old son if he wanted to ride in it. Noooo! He said. He could have fit in easily. I would love to see it on an O8000 someday.

Would have to know what the specs of the rocket is? Like building material, fiberglass? Just in the event someone wants to build one.

Here are some photos from the first launch of the Patriot in 2010: https://goo.gl/photos/ZCV5gS1Dqc9EiPtQ7

I stored the "remains" for 5 years here in NM and gave them back to Robert when he passed through the area earlier this year. Tom Cohen resurrected the project with some new materials and a lot of hard work and craftsmanship. The rocket has an internal 8" core tube with ply rings at various heights. The skins were carbon fiber. Fins were built up ply frame with CF and FG skins. The fins are removable with bolt-on tabs. They're definitely overscale from the real Patriot. Nosecone is turned foam covered in FG. Motor mount is 8" with an adapter.

Original flight was a Pro150 CTI (O8000, I think). I had the case here for a while, but forwarded it to someone needing a case rental from CTI.

I hear that the plan is to fly it an a P motor. :cool:

Back