MDRA ESL 221 - Nov 19 & 20 @ The Central Sod Farm

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott S

Reaction score
MDRA will be holding ESL 221 on Nov 19 & 20 at the Central Sod Farm in Centreville, MD. The launch will begin at 12:00pm on Saturday and 9:00 am on Sunday. The December Launch dates and location are still TBD.

Looks like the weather is not in our favor this weekend. Showers moving in Saturday early evening and strong winds Sunday. But you never know on the eastern shore.

See you at the field, Scott

Saturday turned out really well, except for the U of MD students who lost their rockets doing L1 certs w/out DD in 12 mph winds. But it was a lesson!

I had two really good flights, and my kids had one each. And it was good talking to everyone.

Saturday was a good day for me too. The Chute Release ensure short walks even with the high wind and oversized chutes :)

As I left, I noted the front moving east and the wind got crazy. I assume Tom didn't get his big ones up. Hope he did and there are videos!

Saturday was a good day for me too. The Chute Release ensure short walks even with the high wind and oversized chutes :)

As I left, I noted the front moving east and the wind got crazy. I assume Tom didn't get his big ones up. Hope he did and there are videos!

Tom definitely did not launch anything on Saturday. My guess is that Sunday was a bust all around, but maybe someone else could fill us in?

If the wind was like it was at the house, all I would have to do is point the rod with the wind LOL

No motor, or engine, required.

Sunday was a bust. Winds due east right into the woods. Unfortunately Tom did not have an opportunity to launch this weekend.

Stay tuned for Dec dates and we will be returning to Higgs Farm.:cheers:

Ouch on the vehicle strike! How bad was the damage, is that a pretty rare occurance? Out of curiosity, how does a situation like that get resolved?

Ouch on the vehicle strike! How bad was the damage, is that a pretty rare occurance? Out of curiosity, how does a situation like that get resolved?

Sadly, we seem to get half a dozen a year. The booster hit the top of the door above the window. Pretty deep dent.

The flyer is responsible for the damage. In this case, it was a college student. I don't know if there is some kind of insurance coverage, since it is not a vehicle-on-vehicle accident.

The damage may be covered under the vehicle comprehensive, if the owner has that coverage. Unless flying objects are excluded.

The damage may be covered under the vehicle comprehensive, if the owner has that coverage. Unless flying objects are excluded.

That's correct. Don't ask me how I know.

I have seen flyers whose rocket caused the damage - offer to pay the deductible...which is nice.
Don't ask me how I know that either.

That's correct. Don't ask me how I know.

I have seen flyers whose rocket caused the damage - offer to pay the deductible...which is nice.
Don't ask me how I know that either.

Covering the deductible is the fair thing to do.

Back