MDRA Eastern Shore Launch 220 this weekend.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
If current weather forecast holds, should be great flying. Perhaps last launch at the sod farm this year.

Hoping to be able to attend. My only flight of note will be the Gene Wilder Fronkensteen Memorial Hat (of Death, of course).

I am only going to launch twice. My kids aren't coming, so I'll probably be wandering around, annoying other people.

Hmmm, my wife won't be there, either. Maybe I'll buy something.... :lol:

If current weather forecast holds, should be great flying. Perhaps last launch at the sod farm this year.

Don't hold your breath... With the current bean crop status, (mostly green), the chances for a November RED_GLARE are slim to none... More than likely, we will still be on the sod farm in November... Stay tuned for the official yea or nae...

I am the newcomer who attended last month's launch. I will be the guy with the camera gear. I plan on being at NARHAMS on Saturday and MDRA on Sunday. I plan on joining MDRA in January.

I am the newcomer who attended last month's launch. I will be the guy with the camera gear. I plan on being at NARHAMS on Saturday and MDRA on Sunday. I plan on joining MDRA in January.

Welcome Mike, Having not been to a launch in a while I am looking forward to burning some AP, I'll be there Sunday, Trailer and Ravens Canopy (No Skins jokes plz!) Probably flying some big sparkies, stop on by!

Anybody going to be there on Saturday?

Anyone know if we will be able to put out the hydraulic towers for Tom?

I'm hoping to do the same schedule, Mt. Airy on sat and mdra on sunday.

Anyone know if the scheduled Antares launch sunday evening will affect the mdra launch at all? (aside from people likely going to watch the launch after the launch :p)

I won't be at the sod farm any more this season, I've had enough rockets dragged across the gravel parking lot for one year. I am repainting my Frenzy XL now. See you at Higgs.

Anyone know what the hours for the launch sunday are? I think we are going to try to go to the mdra launch for a few hours, then head down to wallops for the antares launch.

Anyone know what the hours for the launch sunday are? I think we are going to try to go to the mdra launch for a few hours, then head down to wallops for the antares launch.

We get started at 9:00 on Sunday and fly until everyone is finished or 5:00, which ever comes first.

I am only going to launch twice. My kids aren't coming, so I'll probably be wandering around, annoying other people.

Hmmm, my wife won't be there, either. Maybe I'll buy something.... :lol:

Thanks for the wipes and igniter! How did Tom's flight go? I had to bug out before it was loaded. Hope there is video!

If the sky is as clear tomorrow as it is tonight..... might be able to see it from here...

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/orbital-atk-crs-5-launch-viewing-maps

oa-5launchviewing-firstsighting_med.jpg

Thank you for the heads up guys...
I just set an alarm in my phone to look
south at 8 pm tomorrow evening. ...

Teddy

Thanks for the wipes and igniter! How did Tom's flight go? I had to bug out before it was loaded. Hope there is video!

Well, once we had six people (almost all of whom were Level 3) out to play with the portable launch system, everything was great after that. Apparently that CAT5 cable just wasn't quite seated correctly. :facepalm: I think Peter shot video, so it ought to be on the YouTube page before long.

Did that igniter work for you? I got sidetracked and missed your flight.

I didn't need it, the last one I loaded fired. I think I had cruddy clips. I'll return it next time we see each other. But thanks, after 4 tries I was desperate :)

Back