MDRA #158 not listed on NAR Site?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PayLoad

I don't do spirals
Reaction score
I'm having a little hassle with my NAR Registration and level 1 certification.

MDRA #158 is not listed as a a NAR Club on the NAR website. Also, When checking my Level 1 status (completed 5/15/21 at MDRA) I don't show as certified.

This is NOT AT ALL a complaint - I'm just wondering if I am missing something?

Michael

She’s the one but remember she’s a part time volunteer. I think I read in most recent newsletter that it may take 4-6 weeks to process certifications

MDRA is an independent, 501C non-profit corp with their own insurance. Neither NAR nor Tripoli but supporting certs for both.
Not sure about your paperwork

Last edited:
MDRA is on the TRA site as a prefecture. It does utilize their own insurance as well.

I believe they have their own insurance as you state, but they are a TRA prefecture. They also do NAR certs all the time. It should not be an issue to get a Level 1 there. There are always personnel there that will support a level 1 cert. I would email the BOD to ensure that someone would be there during the day of the launch, just in case.

The delay in your certification paperwork has nothing to due with the fact that it occurred at MDRA.
NAR HQ batch runs HPR certification about every two weeks for efficiency reasons.

Well the NAR has always been slow with this stuff. I think the issue Payload is running into is that his 60 day window expires today.

NAR cert verification.png

I think most vendors will accept it after that date. Nothing to do but call/email the HQ until they get it done.

MDRA and Tripoli Maryland are two different entities. I seem to remember one launch that was run as Tripoli MD but they are generally run as indy under MDRA.. As mentioned above, both TRA and NAR certs are supported. Best to coordinate to make sure the proper witnesses will be there just to be sure.

Back