Quantcast

MDRA 12- 19&20

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Crazyrocket

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
714
Reaction score
6
I may be going, but it depends on how cold it is. I may just go and RSO for awhile and just watch.
 

SSenesy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
544
Reaction score
2
I still haven't finished any of the projects I thought I'd have done for RG7, but will probably go and burn some APCP if the weather isn't too bad.
 

lkal32

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
348
Reaction score
2
Ill be there for one day as long as the weather doesnt act up
 

skycopp

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
1,304
Reaction score
0
Can't make it.... will be visiting non-english-speaking-inlaws-with-only-3-channels-and-no-internet in Sweden during that time frame.

9 days of pure boredom. Ya'll have a good time now .. Hear?!?

:bangpan:
 

stantonjtroy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
1,059
Reaction score
51
Location
Glen Burnie MD
Maggie and I will be there on Sunday ( gotta work Saturday:( ) weather permiting. Mod Roc and Mid power. Knocking around with doing my L1 recert but Maggie wants us to Cert/Recert together. Guess I can't complain, My wife's hooked :D .
 

ben_ullman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
1,509
Reaction score
0
yeah we aren't going to make it this weekend. We are supposed to have 6-9" of snow and be driving into more.

Ben
 

Handeman

Well-Known Member
TRF Supporter
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
7,721
Reaction score
314
Location
Stafford, VA
yeah we aren't going to make it this weekend. We are supposed to have 6-9" of snow and be driving into more.

Ben
Ben, you might want to recheck the forecast, I think you're under estimating. Our forecast is 3-5" tonight, 8-10" tomorrow, with more tomorrow night and Sunday morning. I heard your area near Richmond could see up to 20 inches.

If we get 12+ inches, we'll be lucky to get plowed out by Christmas.
 

Diosces

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
1
Kids and I were all prepped but with the snow :mad: we are definitely not doing the 3-1/2 hour trip down..
 

stantonjtroy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
1,059
Reaction score
51
Location
Glen Burnie MD
As of right now we have around 8-10 inches in Baltimore and visibility at ground level is down to about 150 yards. I did go out shortly, about 5 miles. Took a half hour and Maggie slipped in the snow and whacked the &@#%^&( out of her knee. Sufice to say, we will be doing NO flying this weekend. Just checked the MDRA site and the launch has been OFICALLY canceled due to weather. :hohoho: See everyone in January.
 
Last edited:

Dr.Zooch

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
2,113
Reaction score
14
Cancelled!

What a bunch of whimps... gee... there's only gale force winds and blizzard conditions... hurrrumph. I thought MDRA never cancelled. Well... maybe they didn't want anyone... ummmmm... GETTING KILLED trying to get to the field!

All kidding aside- I couldn't go anyhow- orders from a real doctor (leftovers from my bout with swine flu)

Anyhow :merry-christmas: to all of the folks who are in or near or just wanna be MDRA... the best rocketry club off the planet!!

:hohoho:
 
Top