May 4 launch :)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred22

Reaction score
Well too much modding and not enough launching makes fred a dull boy so for the first time in too long I set off some black powder :) First up was the nike smoke and we know what comes after that :)

nike smoke.jpg

Jim Flis's Thunderbird is great :) JIm do a rapier and a Nike hercules man :)

tb liftoff.jpg

tb inflight 1.jpg

tn inf 2.jpg

thunderbird deploy.jpg

It has been so long since I've been able to get out for a launch... :(

So much to do, so little time.

Looking good. Great photos. Great models.

It has been so long since I've been able to get out for a launch... :(

So much to do, so little time.

Looking good. Great photos. Great models.

Thanks very much and I hear you about the interval :) Next up was the BOMARC. This is my LPR clone :)

BOMARC ignition.jpg

bomarc inflight.jpg

bomarc lo.jpg

Resoloution seems low on these pictures :( Too much of a hurry. Oh well.
Next Up was the Eestes Mercury redstone

mr launch.jpg

mr 1.jpg

Nice launch pictures, as always! Fred, what did the Saturn fly on? Those are 18mm outboards, right?

nice pictures Fred! I haven't been able to fly in a few months and will not be happy if we don't get some rain before the next club launch or I have to work on launch day again. Glad you had a good day flying!

Nice launch pictures, as always! Fred, what did the Saturn fly on? Those are 18mm outboards, right?
Thanks i usually use 1 D!@-5 and 4 C6-5's. I use a clip whip for ignition :)
Cheers
fred

Thanks i usually use 1 D!@-5 and 4 C6-5's. Cheers
fred

At first I thought you were swearing, then I realized you did not take your finger off of the shift key:D

Great pictures as usual!!!

Awesome pictures as usual Fred! :D Must be nice to go flying on a Monday!:roll: But, then again, ANY day you can launch rockets is a good day!

That's some good stuff right there! Looks like a very productive day on the range.;)

At first I thought you were swearing, then I realized you did not take your finger off of the shift key:D

Great pictures as usual!!!
Thanks scott. My techno illiteracy is only exceeded by my my spelling skill :)
:roll:
Fred

That's some good stuff right there! Looks like a very productive day on the range.;)

I loved and so did all the kids who I taught how to launch. I had my youngest son with me and we let kids fire them up under his supervision while i took pictures :)
Cheers
Fred

Hows this:) My finish is not up some of the boys around here I can tell ya :)

Looks good 2 me. Very utility-like. Very clean.

That is a really cool design! Gives me a couple of ideas to work towards with the boy.
Thx much
:cheers:

Looks good 2 me. Very utility-like. Very clean.

That is a really cool design! Gives me a couple of ideas to work towards with the boy.
Thx much
:cheers:

Thanks I like it very much. It's very cold war. It was a Bear (TU-95) hunting rifle in a way :)
Cheers
Fred

Back