• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Maximum Thrust Rocket kit (army hawk)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimw21

Reaction score
I bought this kit years ago from a company called Orbital Dynamics (which I believe is no more but not sure) this is a 9" kit for level 3 motors. I never got the time to build this rocket and would like to sell this to someone that will build it. I have 100% of the kit. Fiber glass nose cone, and tail cone. I would like to get 400.00 for it plus shipping. I have pictures and will email them to anyone who is interested.
Included are the following
Fiber glass Nose cone
fiber glass tail cone
4" motor tube 43.5 inches long
9" body tube 47.5 inches long
9" body tube 34 inches long
9" coupling 12 inches long
6 centering rings (1 tapered to go into the tapered tail cone.
2 solid rings for the coupling
4 impressive fins

I located in CT
I can take more pictures upon request.
Thank you
1E2F67C5-1ED7-444A-A7C9-C87D491C5572.jpeg 4A9FFCC1-65A2-46B6-9B96-6331FA457DEA.jpeg A40DF28C-8222-4994-B93A-AB2E1AA3AC64.jpeg 47344D00-0EE2-433F-975D-07473421C0B1.jpeg
thanks for looking

This is an high value "find"--someome snap it up! :confused: (I have to quit buying rockets!)

Man this is awesome. I want a big honking Hawk, and would love to do one for L3. Wish I had room for it. I could (maybe) swing the 400 but it would probably be so crazy heavy flying it would break me. What is the weight of the parts?

I used the wayback machine and found the following info:

9.25" diameter
10' 2" length
29" nose cone
3/8" 7 ply baltic birch fins, rings, bulkhead
35 ~ 45 lbs finished weight

Did somebody say impressive?!? With nearly 5' of fins and over 10' of height this show-stopper will absolutely make your mouth water. Tall, yet sleek with its fiberglass boattail, this rocket flies like a dream.

That was always my plan to fly this for my level 3 cert. I was going to build it with a loadable nose cone weight that I could change up/down to fly different motors. I wanted to range K - M type because of costs. But make no bones about it this baby would impress just about anyone.

Better grab it quickly guys. Damn, I wish I were independently wealthy.

I've been toying with the idea, but it's just a bit too big, a bit too much money, and a bit too far from me to justify. I'll just have to get my Proteus ready to fly again.

I assume it's a 98 mm motor mount. About how much nose weight would this thing need for an L3 flight?

Great Rocket..I did my level 3 with the Jim Hart version of this kit at the RATS launch in vineland in NJ. Definitely an eyecathcher !

I bought this kit years ago from a company called Orbital Dynamics (which I believe is no more but not sure) this is a 9" kit for level 3 motors. I never got the time to build this rocket and would like to sell this to someone that will build it. I have 100% of the kit. Fiber glass nose cone, and tail cone. I would like to get 400.00 for it plus shipping. I have pictures and will email them to anyone who is interested.
Included are the following
Fiber glass Nose cone
fiber glass tail cone
4" motor tube 43.5 inches long
9" body tube 47.5 inches long
9" body tube 34 inches long
9" coupling 12 inches long
6 centering rings (1 tapered to go into the tapered tail cone.
2 solid rings for the coupling
4 impressive fins

I located in CT
I can take more pictures upon request.
Thank you
View attachment 361288 View attachment 361289 View attachment 361290 View attachment 361291
thanks for looking

Where is it shipping from?

Ah I noticed from Ct.

It is very tempting [emoji573]

I put in a offer for it early this week, he accepted it but then said (a day later) he had another buyer......now silence...

I discussed it with him as well. I was mistaken thinking it was fiberglass and wondering how the heck it was coming in that light. Looking back at the pictures it is paper with glass nose and tail. My mistake. I could store the glass much easier than the paper, my shop is still 2 or 3 years away, and I couldn't get acceptable sims on K motors; so I was backing out but haven't gotten a reply from him. Shipping likely would've been over 100 bucks to boot.

yea i'd glass it, get some of that ezglass sock just to make it easy to transport..

Good, the temptation is gone.

I've been holding my tongue....I have one, in kit form, I'd consider selling:).

Shipping would indeed be a bear. I likely wouldn't sell unless I found a buyer that would pick up locally, or at a Bong, Princeton, IL, or Three Oaks, MI launch.

...but if you really wanted one...

Any pics on what this thing looks like fully assembled? No $$ for it- just looks cool :)

I'd have been interested, at least briefly, if I saw this before it sold. It would go well with my 7.5" Polecat Hawk.... but then, what's an extra inch and a half among friends. As they say, a man's toy get bigger and more expensive. It's a great flying rocket, fun to fly. Mine is a 75mm, I'd be tempted for the 98mm to fly an N3400 skid on it.

Attachments

• Hawk2017 - Copy.jpg
    Hawk2017 - Copy.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 20
Back