My Maxi-Alpha's stuffer tube also suffered a collapse after about six flightsWhen I built my Maxi-Alpha III in 1984, the only part I painted was the nose cone.
I flew it for many years with D12/E10 motors and retired it after the stuffer tube burned through.
That's a damn good call.Estes really should bring the MA back. It will help them sell thousands of additional D12-3 and E9-4 motors. The MA would be perfect for Michaels.
That is a great Idea! I have a "nekkid" Excecutioner here that I now have a paint scheme for!That's a damn good call.
I did pickup an Executioner and some upscaled Alpha III decals from Excelsior last year so I think that will be the one to spend the time to finish properly.
D'oh! That will teach me to reveal my seekret plans too early.... I guess that's a case of premature apogee.Thanks Mikus... I had a lot of stuff to do today. Now I'm jumping head first into THIS project!
Decals done, thanks Ye Olde Rocket Plans!
I'm sorry Mikus... It's just that I've had this Excecutioner lying around since August and I lost all interest in finishing it. When Maxi Alpha was suggested by Fred I said "hmmm?" Then you confirmed the Executioner thought... Don't worry though... If you put more than 2 hours worth of effort into finishing it, it will look better than mine! I went for the quick one day finishing job and I intend to fly it A LOT. It was also a TERRIBLE quality BT-80! The fins are longer along the root edge and are not swept back as far so it is going to look a little shorter. Its painted all white now, if I can stay up til 2AM I'll put the red on before I go to bed.D'oh! That will teach me to reveal my seekret plans too early.... I guess that's a case of premature apogee.
J/K! Glad somebody thinks that's as cool of a project as I thought it would be. I'll get around to mine sometime; so many rockets, so little time.
Be sure to post pics please.