MAWD Question - Data?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregGleason

Reaction score
I have a MAWD and I have started using it again after a long hiatus and it has performed great. But I think I remember that it had data that you could download with a special connector from PF.

Is this true or am I imagining it?

Greg

The WD part stands for "with data" so yes, if you have the special cable and program, you can download the data from it.

I think the manual is still available for download. Page 18 describes normal use. Pages 22 and 23 give details to make your own cable and serial commands so you don't have to use the dedicated program which probably won't run on modern OSes.

This is the MAWD program. Unzip it and run the exe. It does work on Win 10.

Attachments

• MAWD DataCap.zip
    491.7 KB · Views: 4
Although pictures of Mega Der Red Maxes are not uncommon, I thought I would post another. Thanks to Dave Hanson for the photo.

This one was taken in Hartsel, Colorado, home to miles of prairie in every direction, clear blue skies, and no wind (at least on this occasion). At an elevation of nearly 9000 feet and surrounded by mountains, dang, it is a beautiful rocketry venue.

View attachment 272847
I think the forum stripped out the guts because it says invalid. If I PM my personal email would you please send it?
It looks like the Perfectflite site still has the software for download. http://www.perfectflite.com/Download.html scroll to bottom.

Back