math question for shutterbugs ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby_hamill

Reaction score
I have an image of a sounding rocket on a dolly in the horizontal position and It offers a clear view of the fins I
want to model . Is there a program that I can use to compensate for the angled view for the fins ?

Attached is the photo in question

Thanks .

Bobby

fin angle .jpg

The angle is pretty shallow so I'm not sure what you can't get from this view. If you want a better angle just search for Aerobee 150 drawings. I found plenty of good views of this rocket.

@ Zeus-cat
I did and most of what is out there is for the Aerobee 150A as the fin shape is different
between the 150 and 150A. I have even noticed in NASA publications they would have a report
for the Aerobee 150A and the fin outline in the drawing is the shape of a Aerobee 100

I have also noticed on at least one Aerobee 300 using the Aerobee 150 Sustainer there were antennas
attached to only 2 of the fins not all 3 fins .You can see it in the attached photo

Bobby

150 at churchill b.jpg

I have an image of a sounding rocket on a dolly in the horizontal position and It offers a clear view of the fins I
want to model . Is there a program that I can use to compensate for the angled view for the fins ?

Attached is the photo in question

Thanks .

Bobby

View attachment 633636
It's kind of a geometry question. I trace over images like this in a CAD program. If you can determine the relative diameters of the left side vs. the right side then you can figure out the angle and then you can scale all of the dimensions from there. It would help if you know the length too. When I do this I'm not trying to build something perfectly to scale, just something that looks like it is to scale.

Back