Master List of .ENG files?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shockie

High Plains Rocketeer
Reaction score
Is there a master file of all the engines available in an .eng file somewhere?
I have aerotech_1.eng and a Quest_07_21_2018.eng in my Open Rocket thrustcurves folder.
Where is an Estes one? Or just one that has everything that's current?

I don't currently have Rocksim installed. Does it contain a more or less master listing?
Does the AT one have all the latest Quest Q-Jets in it?
TIA

Thrustcurve.org is the closest thing. Rocksim has a good list of motors built in, as does OpenRocket (although current OR motor list is somewhat out of date.)

Thrustcurve.org is the closest thing. Rocksim has a good list of motors built in, as does OpenRocket (although current OR motor list is somewhat out of date.)
does thrustcurve.org have a master list or do you have to download each engine file separately?

I figured out how to add the 2 new Quest Q-Jets D20W and C18W , copy and paste and add an ; at the end on a line of it's own. It doesn't appear that Open Rocket can see or use Rocksim .rkt . Is that correct? Or what is the file extension on Rocksim .eng files?

I figured out how to add the 2 new Quest Q-Jets D20W and C18W , copy and paste and add an ; at the end on a line of it's own. It doesn't appear that Open Rocket can see or use Rocksim .rkt . Is that correct?
.rkt is not a proper extension for a motor file. OR can read .rkt design files, though (mostly).

Or what is the file extension on Rocksim .eng files?
Is this a trick question? ;)

(.eng)

Is there a master file of all the engines available in an .eng file somewhere?
I have aerotech_1.eng and a Quest_07_21_2018.eng in my Open Rocket thrustcurves folder.
Where is an Estes one? Or just one that has everything that's current?

I don't currently have Rocksim installed. Does it contain a more or less master listing?
Does the AT one have all the latest Quest Q-Jets in it?
TIA
It probably does not. On Thrustcurve you can generate a new master file by vendor which includes all of the in-production motors. You can generate a new master file in either .eng or .rse format. You can generate a new engine set at this link (it's the link "Outbox" under "My Stuff" and not entirely obvious that it's included under your Outbox) - https://www.thrustcurve.org/outbox/

Please note. Thrustcurve is more complete on it's .eng files, since that is how John posts them. I have been attempting to get a .rse file out there for every AT motor. There a handful missing due to some data issues. If you generate a Quest file you will get them all, because I have tested that (it's easier when there are only a handful of motors to verify). Also, please note: the latest Quest Q Jet motors announced at NARCON are listed as AT motors, not Quest motors, on Thrustcurve.

Last edited:
Back