Master List of .ENG files?

shockie

High Plains Rocketeer
Reaction score
Is there a master file of all the engines available in an .eng file somewhere?
I have aerotech_1.eng and a Quest_07_21_2018.eng in my Open Rocket thrustcurves folder.
Where is an Estes one? Or just one that has everything that's current?

I don't currently have Rocksim installed. Does it contain a more or less master listing?
Does the AT one have all the latest Quest Q-Jets in it?
TIA

neil_w

OpenRocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thrustcurve.org is the closest thing. Rocksim has a good list of motors built in, as does OpenRocket (although current OR motor list is somewhat out of date.)

shockie

High Plains Rocketeer
Reaction score
Thrustcurve.org is the closest thing. Rocksim has a good list of motors built in, as does OpenRocket (although current OR motor list is somewhat out of date.)
does thrustcurve.org have a master list or do you have to download each engine file separately?

shockie

High Plains Rocketeer
Reaction score
I figured out how to add the 2 new Quest Q-Jets D20W and C18W , copy and paste and add an ; at the end on a line of it's own. It doesn't appear that Open Rocket can see or use Rocksim .rkt . Is that correct? Or what is the file extension on Rocksim .eng files?

neil_w

OpenRocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I figured out how to add the 2 new Quest Q-Jets D20W and C18W , copy and paste and add an ; at the end on a line of it's own. It doesn't appear that Open Rocket can see or use Rocksim .rkt . Is that correct?
.rkt is not a proper extension for a motor file. OR can read .rkt design files, though (mostly).

Or what is the file extension on Rocksim .eng files?
Is this a trick question? ;)

(.eng)

Reaction score
Is there a master file of all the engines available in an .eng file somewhere?
I have aerotech_1.eng and a Quest_07_21_2018.eng in my Open Rocket thrustcurves folder.
Where is an Estes one? Or just one that has everything that's current?

I don't currently have Rocksim installed. Does it contain a more or less master listing?
Does the AT one have all the latest Quest Q-Jets in it?
TIA
It probably does not. On Thrustcurve you can generate a new master file by vendor which includes all of the in-production motors. You can generate a new master file in either .eng or .rse format. You can generate a new engine set at this link (it's the link "Outbox" under "My Stuff" and not entirely obvious that it's included under your Outbox) - https://www.thrustcurve.org/outbox/

Please note. Thrustcurve is more complete on it's .eng files, since that is how John posts them. I have been attempting to get a .rse file out there for every AT motor. There a handful missing due to some data issues. If you generate a Quest file you will get them all, because I have tested that (it's easier when there are only a handful of motors to verify). Also, please note: the latest Quest Q Jet motors announced at NARCON are listed as AT motors, not Quest motors, on Thrustcurve.

Last edited: