Marvin's Machine

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cussler08

Reaction score
This is a quick mod I did from a Silver Comet...

Inspiration from a Marvin Christmas Ornament :)

The body tube is shortened by about an inch and a half..

I wanted a more "stubby" body...the nosecone is modified with Marvin's Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator, since the Earth blocks his view of Venus... (and some weight added)

...and the fins are reshaped with beads added, to make it more "Duck Dogers."

I reshaped the fins, then put them back into the balsa die cuts (they fit back in very closely - the TTW tabs made them stay), shot them with several coats of grey primer and sanded them with a mouse sander, still in the die cuts...ended up really smooth!

Shot the entire model with Krylon silver and did the fins with Testor's transparent candy apple red. I made the Marvin and K-9 decals :)

oooooh, I like that. Great paint job

many more things I could and would say - its just I am so new that I am in a listen and ask question mode. 1wk - first model on the bench :)

Good work, I especially like the way you put Marvin in the cockpit.

Zippy

I really like the way you did this one up. Really fits the theme perfectly. And the characters in the windows really set it off. Great job! :)

Regards,
Todd

Originally posted by cussler08
I reshaped the fins, then put them back into the balsa die cuts

That is an outstanding way to sand and finish flat fins! Thanks for the tip.
And Marvin's ship is fantastic, I have always loved that guy. The nose art is a great touch.

OUTSTANDING!!!

it just goes to show you that inspiration can come from the most unexpected places - Looney Toons!

I just love that rocket - mind if I copy it??? My son would get a real kick out this one. heck so would I - we both love those Warner Bros cartoons

Wow! That is awesome! I need to get me one of those! I love that! Marvin is my favorite - I need to do that!

cussler08:

The new Loony Tunes movie has a new Marvin 'Space Taxi' rocket that is very similar to your design. It is just Taxi Yellow!!

Back